Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Running with a GT2

I was running behind a twin turbo GT2 at Summit Point yesterday. I did not have any problem keeping up with him in the corners. In fact, I would gain on him in the corners. When we hit the main straight I would stick with him initially and then he would begin to pull as the turbos spooled up. I was pleased about the way the Z could hold its own, but I was extremely impressed by the way the GT2 could pull on the straights. There was one point where the guy had enough of me and gave me the pass signal. I declined to pass because I didn't want him on my rear. Eventually, we both backed off and just enjoyed the remainder of the session.

Later that day, after my car had lost its serpentine belt, and my day had ended, I heard an announcement that there had been an incident in turn 9. It was the GT2. :eek: There was extensive damage to the front, the driver's side, and the rear. The driver told me that the left rear tire came off the rim as he exited turn 9 which threw him into a spin and eventually the tire wall. Call me superstitious, but if I had not lost the serpentine belt earlier, I could have been right behind that GT2 when he lost it. I consider myself lucky that I was not behind him. :yeadog:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Bob said:
I was running behind a twin turbo G2 at Summit Point yesterday. I did not have any problem keeping up with him in the corners. In fact, I would gain on him in the corners. When we hit the main straight I would stick with him initially and then he would begin to pull as the turbos spooled up. I was pleased about the way the Z could hold its own, but I was extremely impressed by the way the G2 could pull on the straights. There was one point where the guy had enough of me and gave me the pass signal. I declined to pass because I didn't want him on my rear. Eventually, we both backed off and just enjoyed the remainder of the session.

Later that day, after my car had lost its serpentine belt, and my day had ended, I heard an announcement that there had been an incident in turn 9. It was the G2. :eek: There was extensive damage to the front, the driver's side, and the rear. The driver told me that the left rear tire came off the rim as he exited turn 9 which threw him into a spin and eventually the tire wall. Call me superstitious, but if I had not lost the serpentine belt earlier, I could have been right behind that G2 when he lost it. I consider myself lucky that I was not behind him. :yeadog:
G wiz you are lucky. You never know.

D.J.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Sorry to hear about the belt. I guess you were better off.

Alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts