Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking going with a forged lower end, blower cam, and heads to get my comp. ratio down to the 9:1 ballpark. Then strapping a an I/C Mag on top (they look so friggin' mean) and run about 12lbs of boost. At a 9:1 ratio and a forged lower end, I think this engine can handle that much boost without any worry, but how do you guys think the Mag would stand up to that much strain? And the power, I'm guessing high 700's at the crank.... From what I've read, every lb. of boost gives you around 30rwhp. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Most I've heard of on a 346 block is 530 to the rear wheels.

You didn't say, but are you doing a 383 stroker? Why not, if you're already into the engine? Then, you might get 580-590 rwhp.

The Mag people told me they had a 427 in their shop that dynoed at 650 rwhp, but that's really pushing it as the Mag runs out of air well before the red line.

Let's see, 650 at the wheels is about 765 at the crank :thumb:

You gotta be talking 427 ci to do that with a Mag, but it has been done. Just talk to Jerry or John @ Magnacharger for details.

Personally, I'm getting a balanced and blueprinted C5R block. My engine builder says 700 at the crank is no problem :yeadog:

I think that will be plenty of power for me :D

:cheers:

·
Registered
378 Posts
PriestYates said:
I think this engine can handle that much boost without any worry, but how do you guys think the Mag would stand up to that much strain? And the power, I'm guessing high 700's at the crank.... From what I've read, every lb. of boost gives you around 30rwhp. What do you guys think?
I was able to get 10# with a 2.9 pulley. I am not sure about high 700's but 600+ @ the wheels is doable :yeadog:

·
Banned
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This was my logic.... A head/cam car will put down probably 430ish at the rear wheels with a blower cam. With a built lower end, even if the most #'s you can eek out is 10lbs, that's 200 rwhp. (S/C are 20 rwhp per #, turbo's are 30rwhp per #, my mistake) That would be 630+rwhp and at the crank, that would be around 715hp. This makes sense doesn't it?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
First, your looking at a maggie and I have a Procharger so numbers will be different but for comparison sake.......I'm going to be installing a forged 347 with a pretty stout cam, AFR heads, and a 12lb Procharger from A&A. Im hoping for 640 to the wheels with my set up. If your looking to push that much boost with your maggie, I think you'll need an I/C.

I made 568rwhp on my stock motor so 01ZEE06 must be referring to maggie'd cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts