Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a clutch for my Procharged 2004 ZO6(530HP rearwheels and Nitto Drags). What are you guys using with success. It must be usable for a daily driver. I don't mind some increased pedal effort but don't need a work out driving to work everyday.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I have a Spec stage III with their aluminum flywheel. There is some chatter but it diminishes with time. The pedal effort is pretty much stock. I do have to suggest that you get a McLeod adjustable master cylinder. I had engagement issues and the only fix was the adjustable master cylinder. So far no problems with 568 rwhp.

Jim

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I have a Spec 2/3 Hybrid, their Aluminum Flywheel and their lightweight-option pressure plate.

The clutch is pretty cool, Kevlar on one side, Ceramic on the other. Supposed to be almost as "smooth" as a stage 2, with almost the grip of a stage 3.

The PP is cross drilled and machined to remove some of the rotating mass.

Pedal effort was unaffected. The engagement range was a little "shorter", but still about in the middle of the pedal throw, which is where it had been with the stock clutch.

It did chatter quite a bit, and for more miles than Spec's instructions said it would, but I did drive it to Florida and back right after the installation so it had a lot of no-shift highway miles. It's finally quieting down, now, though. If I take out the Florida miles, it needed about 1K miles to break in vs. a Spec claimed 500.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I also have the Spec stage III

It has lots of track time and no prob.

530 rwhp

Darwin.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Luk Pro Gold :coo: :yeadog: doing me fine :yeadog:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts