Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the Detroit area car enthusiasts are familiar with "Baker's of Milford." Paul Baker hosts a Sunday cruise in at his restaurant in Milford, MI.

Hundreds of cars, street rods, bikes, etc show up every Sunday for one of the biggest, and best cruises in America.

Paul Baker was involved in a fatal car accident yesterday. He is survived by his wife and six children.

Car Craft Magazine is scheduled to attend the cruise-in next Sunday. Baker's of Milford was selected as one of the top places for car crazies in America.

The family requests that Sunday's (July 10) cruise-in to continue.....in honor of Paul.

Paul is one of those kind of guys that makes you his friend as soon as you meet him. I am going to miss him terribly.

We've lost a good frend.

Rest in Peace, Paul.

Tony

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
A sad day indeed. Godspeed Paul.

Charlie

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
That's sad. I'm sure the turn out will be HUGE.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Our thoughts go out to Paul's family. Good car men are hard to find, and Paul was obviously one. He will be missed...

Mark

·
Registered
656 Posts
Sorry to hear this Tony. As I recall, he greeted everyone as they came in. Am I thinking of the right person? That gentlemen was REALLY nice and always had something good to say about each person's car.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Sorry to hear about this Tony. Carrying on with Sundays event will be a tribute to Paul and his family.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MySR71 said:
Sorry to hear this Tony. As I recall, he greeted everyone as they came in. Am I thinking of the right person? That gentlemen was REALLY nice and always had something good to say about each person's car.
Yes, Paul greeted everyone as they pulled in.

Tony

·
Registered
882 Posts
Sad news indeed. Been greeted many times and always made you feel special in such a large crowd. He will be sincerely missed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sad News

Yes, yesterday was a sad day indeed. Fortunately I was able to make it to Bakers for the cruise in. There were over 2700 cars that made it. The line to get in streched from the site all the way back to I-96, and took about 1 hour just to get into the lot. As a final tribute the hearse with Pauls casket were brought in for his "Final" cruise, while bagpipes played Amasing Grace. Literally not a dry eye in the croud. The family has vowed to continue on with the cruises. One strange thing that did happen, while the hearse was on the grounds an eagle was circling overhead. As soon as the hearse left, the eagle left the area, never to be seen again.

God speed to Paul, and best wishes to the family. :cry:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Yes, that was very sad to hear when I received that email. Terrible loss for our car community :( I wish we could have been there to pay our respects, but I'm glad everybody else did. Thats very touching. I'm sure his family appreciated it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow.....what a terrible loss. Paul was one of the most genuinely friendly and outgoing gentleman I have had the fortune to know for the last 10+ years. Such a loss :(

The best to his family. His son will have some big shoes to fill running the restaurant.

Brett

1 - 13 of 13 Posts