Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyboy know if you can jack up the Z on one side, near the center so that both front and rear wheels lift at the same time.
Looking to save time changing wheels, brakes, etc...
Saw a guy do it to his M3 at the track..

:usa:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
If you insert a puck into the lift point in front of the rear wheel, you can lift the whole side of the car if you have a jack that goes high enough. I have done this to mine quite a few times with no problem. I have the Harbor freight Alum.
racing jack, which works very well for this. HTH,
Jim :z:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Jacking

There is a triangular steel plate attatched to the frame rail and to a steel support that connects to the center tunnel.

It is located just aft of the side rearview mirror, inboard of the rocker panel and is close to Station 0 of the CG so the car is balanced for a 2 wheel side lift; ala NASCAR.

The jack lift platform is placed directly below this plate with NO pucks necessary. Most knowledgable racers use this technique.

Be careful NOT to touch the fiberglass rocker panel or floor board.

Using this method allows jack stands to be placed at the shipping slots on the frame rail if necessary.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
DJWorm said:
There is a triangular steel plate attatched to the frame rail and to a steel support that connects to the center tunnel.

It is located just aft of the side rearview mirror, inboard of the rocker panel and is close to Station 0 of the CG so the car is balanced for a 2 wheel side lift; ala NASCAR.

The jack lift platform is placed directly below this plate with NO pucks necessary. Most knowledgable racers use this technique.

Be careful NOT to touch the fiberglass rocker panel or floor board.

Using this method allows jack stands to be placed at the shipping slots on the frame rail if necessary.
Thanks DJ.
I'll try that next time I jack her up. Members like you are
the reason I spend so much time on this site. You always have the RIGHT info. ;)

Jim

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I replace the lift plate on my jack with a flat 6X10 plate with a rubber 1/4 thick just for that reason. Like DJ said, the triangle is right at the CG.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts