Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Corvettes or any car with a salvage title, should not be re-sold for any more than loan factor. In some cases the owner bought it back from the insurance company after he received a check, minus a certain percentage that the insurance company takes for the owner buying his car back. Sometimes a buyer who is looking for a certain vehicle, thinks he is getting a bargain, however, by the time he is done repairing the car, he is usually into it for much more than the car is worth. Plus, he is stuck with the salvage title, which will make it harder to sell. If you can't do the body work yourself, than it can really cost you, by the time you sub contract all the work. Bring a professional with you, that can estimate the cost of repair, and then deduct it from the price the party is asking. Usually, sellers of these vehicles, try to double their profit, and especially with the Corvette.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I wouldn't mind an FRC with a salvage title. Of course, a cage would be welded in, and she'd be cut up and turned into a race car.

I wouldn't take one for a street driven car, or one I wanted to resell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts