Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I'm driving to work, I usually don't bring the Z06 to work, but last night I tossed in a Ripper shifter so I thought I'd try it out. Anyway, the temp in St. Louis today is about 60, and the roads are sweating a little, so they're moist. I'm toolin along at about 50mph when an oncoming semi decides to turn directly in front of me, I mean no more than 100ft infront of me. My first thought, "I'm died" I hit the brakes and swirve hard left into the oncoming lane. No way any other car I've ever had stays on the road!! But my Z doesn't miss a beat. The car was 100% under control. I even had time to hit the horn!! This car is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! After I got done cussing the semi driver out I patted the ol girl on the rear and took off. BTW, the ripper shifter is great!!!

Spoony

:cool: :eek: :mad: ;)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
A good handling car is always a safer car IMO. GM has done a fabulous job in making the Vette safer by the way it handles and brakes, and how the active handling/traction control works.

My butt has been saved many times by the active handling. Without it, I would have been in the ditch by now :D.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Hey Spoony! A kind of late welcome... I see you and I don't live to far apart. Have to get together with Kev, Frank, George, and Paul for lunch one fine day.

Glad you survived the ugliness!:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Take care, (For real!!!):lol:

Dan Farmer

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
So do you have any noise problems with your ripper? What knob do you have on it? Just ordered mine today and was curious.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
VettTheRipper said:
So do you have any noise problems with your ripper? What knob do you have on it? Just ordered mine today and was curious.
I have a little more noise w/ the Ripper than stock.... however, the improvement is so dramatic I don't mind it one bit! :cool:

I have the satin finished knob from Nate @ Xtreme w/ the shift pattern engraved on it. Screws right on and is heavy so it eliminates the buzzing that some get when using the stock knob on the Ripper. Looks good w/ the Quicksilver IMO.

Definitely replace the knob w/ a heavier than stock one.... this will keep you vibration free.

Most of all..... enjoy the 1000% improvement in shifting w/ your new Ripper! :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts