Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All
I was paying $1475 per year for my Z06 on my everyday home and auto policy.We live in Long Island NY and had 5 cars and both my year round home and Vacation home listed.We have a member in our local Corvette Club who is a broker and said he could save me some money.
Well I now have a policy for the Z with 1/2 million liability,no deductibles, all the frills Collision etc. and $50,000 stated value on the car for $735 year.Only restrictions are that it's not your regular car to go to work and no one under 25 drives the car unless you are in it with them.You have to show them a policy with your other cars and have at least one car for each driver besides the Vette
The writing co is Chubb which is a pretty high rated co.
I have no connection with this co but if you would be interested in this drop me an email and I will send name and phone # of broker.Not sure what states this would cover but I am sure about NY metropolitan area(tri-state)
Anything to save my fellow Z06ers some $
Ray T

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention,there are NO mileage restrictions on these policy's
Ray T

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was surprised that my insurance was only $1,000 per year. Just regular stuff from Allstate. I do have one other vehicle and I told them the Z06 would not be the primary car. Interestingly, the salesman at the dealership suggested that I tell them it WAS the primary car because it would be cheaper that way. I ignored him and feel OK with the insurance.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Also if you have a LoJack or other tracking system installed - it can save you up to 33% a year. :D

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Sweet deal. I pay around $1500 a year for mine but it will soon be going down cause I just turned 25 in December:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Can he do anything for us in California:)

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
I'm in Mass, I'd be interested in what they can do here...

Mark

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
insurance

full coverage

$ 819. PER YEAR

ERIE INSURANCE... Listed as recreation use..other vehicles listed for primary drivers
5 vehicles total

·
Registered
176 Posts
$371 a half year here - state farm, not primary vehicle, $500 deducs with $300K limits

be careful with "stated value" policys, these can actually HURT you in the long run. Ask for an " Agreed Value" policy, difference is stated pays you up to the value as a limit, but only what the blue book says. Agreed upon policy gives you that figure if you have a total loss.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts