Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure there are many posts on seeing these cars so please don't flame me.. i was so excited in seeing one of these cars on the road i figure someone would understand and want to hear about seeing one on the road before production availability.
My wife and i were going to see family in PA over the 4th and on interstate 80 around 11pm a silver C6 passed us and as i was admiring the look i said that car does not look like a stock C6.... the exhaust tips looked like black holes but you couldn't hear the car... then i noticed the rear fender flares... i said THAT HAS TO BE A Z06!!! :eek:o: so we pulled up next to it and sure enough it was!! man i wish i had my Z06 to pull up next to him.. but we were in my wifes Envoy... so i tell my wife pull out the camera and take some pics... we took one and when pulling up to take a more side view shot the driver (who looked like a very small guy or a woman couldn't really tell) slammed the brakes and pulled to the right like they were going to stop.. i thought she was going to crash the car!!! so we just passed on and she stayed behind us for a while... i think they thought we might be shooting at her with how bright our camera flash was!! the front with the hood scoop looks bad ass in the rear view... she wouldn't pass and was driving about 70-80 mph she finally passed us and we got out of traffic for a bit and man do those headlights light up!!! on a 3 lane road ALL 3 lanes were light up from the front of the car for a considerable distance.. needless to say these lights on the C6 are a home run and a MAJOR improvement over the C5.. this was the first time seeing this first hand.. the car was VERY quiet going down the road and i was trying to get her to speed up to get some sound out of the car but no dice ... so after about 10 minutes in traffic a new yellow mustang GT came up on her and tried to play with the "C6" ... she would not play.. she sped up for a bit to about a half mile at 90-95 ( which is what i was doing to keep up ) but nothing like i wanted to see.. i mean come on how can someone drive this car on a lonely road and NOT at least play even a little bit?? ESPECIALLY someone in the blue oval crowd wanting to brag to his buddies a new C6 was scared of him!! we tried getting her attention and giving a thumbs up but she just ingored us like we were not even there... but i guess if you have a job as cool as this you don't want to do anything to mess it up!! I just wanted to share with you my first hand experience in seeing this beast on the road and what i saw.. :cheers:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Cool! Thanks for sharing ! Hope to see one my self before I buy! I know I will because I am going to carlisle this August!( corvette carlisle) last weekend in august! :usa:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts