Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Baker's of Milford, a local restaurant that hosts Sunday cruise in's.

A drop dead gorgeous DSOM C6 Zee pulls in and within minutes a crowd gathers. I spoke briefly with the driver and yes, he's with GM Corvette team. Car had solid Ebony interior with red stitching, NAV, and polished wheels. One of my buddies asked me if it looked lowered and that prompted me to give it a un-scientific test. On my stock height '02 Z06 I was able to place four fingers between the top of the rear tire,and the bottom edge of the fender. On the C6 Zee, only two fingers fit. The body looks lower on the C6 Zee, , but remember the fenders are flared out.

I'll try to post pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,744 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
This thread is worthless without pics. :)
:ity: :bang: :drunken:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have pics, but can't post them.
The compuker thingee I have on my broken compuker allows me to post pics. Don't have the infanview (sp?) thingee downloaded on the computer I'm now using.

Tony :( :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,357 Posts
Zippy said:
I have pics, but can't post them.
The compuker thingee I have on my broken compuker allows me to post pics. Don't have the infanview (sp?) thingee downloaded on the computer I'm now using.

Tony :( :(
Tony,

Like always, you can send them to me and I'll host them for you. [email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,957 Posts
The Dsom is looking better yet I'd be hard pressed to live with it.

I'm sure it will end up being a rare and collectible color...

I just wouldn't order it..

Can't wait to see the photos though..

Thanks zip!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
581 Posts
DSOM has more of a show car look than any other Corvette paint. However, copper is a little unsual even for a show car and may hurt resale. Also, IMHO it really doesn't go with red accents (brakes, engine cover, seat stitching.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
I thought the Z06 emblem on the side was supposed to say 505 HP underneath it. Did they decide not to do that?

Great pics by the way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lankhoss said:
I thought the Z06 emblem on the side was supposed to say 505 HP underneath it. Did they decide not to do that?

Great pics by the way.
I was told this is a production car. That doesn't mean customer cars will have this badge on it..we'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks Norm for posting the pics for our members! :cheers:

zippy :z: :z:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
765 Posts
If you look in the picture #4, this is has the GM Company Vehicle sticker (red rectangle with white insert) and the CTF yellow/blue sticker.

CTF is Captured Test Fleet - These are non-saleable pre-production units.

There are some CTF units that will be sold, but as far as I understand things, the saleable units are not yet on the road.

Too bad you didn't get a picture of the VIN.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jdogg said:
If you look in the picture #4, this is has the GM Company Vehicle sticker (red rectangle with white insert) and the CTF yellow/blue sticker.

CTF is Captured Test Fleet - These are non-saleable pre-production units.

There are some CTF units that will be sold, but as far as I understand things, the saleable units are not yet on the road.

Too bad you didn't get a picture of the VIN.
Yes, it is a CTF Z06...I always look for that.
The driver never said it would be for sale, he told me it was a "production car." I also told him I had an early build order and if he could tell me when customer cars would start at BG. He would not pinpoint when.

The VIN ended in 184...another detail I look for.

Zippy :z: :z:
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top