Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a group of friends went to the NY Auto Show this sunday and I was like a kid in a candy store. It was my first time ever going, and I haven't felt that giddy since I got my first bike when I was a kid!

The new Z06 is damn gorgeous! They had a yellow one there, and the race car (CSR?) version of the C6 Z06 right next to it, also yellow... I'm choosing a black one when I buy it, but it still looked amazing. The rear tires are mammoth, and overall, it just looks awesome up close and personal. :eek:

A few other cars that I saw there that almost gave me a heart attack were: the Saleen S7, Ferrari F430 and F430 spider (never knew these existed for '05!), Porsche GT (fk'n amazing), Lambo Gallardo in mustard yellow, Mercedes McLaren SLR (unreal), the new Cadillac XLR-V (440HP for a Caddy? Wow.), and the Fort GT in all metallic silver. I was never wow'ed by the Ford GT until yesterday - it looks so damn good in all silver! I always thought the white Ford GT with the big blue racing stripes in magazines looked too "matchbox", but wow, in silver it looks awesome, especially in person!

We also saw a few concept cars like the Chrysler Firepower, and a weird Ford prototype that looked a bit like the GT with remote operated gullwing doors, and a hood that closes automatically too. It wasn't even painted, instead the entire car was just a polished silver color with carbon fiber underneath. The damn thing shined and reflected light like a silver christmas ball...unreal. :eek2:
They showcased some Fuel Cell based concepts too. IMO, that's definitely the future - fuel cells that use hydrogen and oxygen for propulsion...no more gas! I just wonder how fast (top speed) and quick (0-60mph) they'll be able to go?

Suffice to say I'm going back next year!! :D

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Thats awesome, Im jealous

you stated about the new Z06 and next to it there was the race version (CSR) but do you mean C6R? or is there an actuall CSR?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
COUTO1981 said:
Thats awesome, Im jealous

you stated about the new Z06 and next to it there was the race version (CSR) but do you mean C6R? or is there an actuall CSR?
Hmm, it could have been C6R, I don't remember because they didn't let anyone get that close to it, and the logo was pretty small. I have it on my camcorder - I'll have to re-check the video... ;) it was the version that looks just like a race car - dropped to the the ground, fin, racing rims, and racing logos all over. The one they compare the C6 Z06 to on the net -- I was pleasantly surprised that they had it there, right next to the Zee! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts