Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I saw the 02 Z06 at the Spearfish meet. He dialed in at 8.9 so I assume he was running a little slower than that. It was a hot day at high elevation so none of the times were very good. I ran a best of 8.7 at 83.8 mph. I have a rm twin flow intake and drag radials on my o1 Z. I only saw one other 01 Z run and he ran an 8.9 at about 80. I think he had a different intake but stock tires. Two ZR1's with chip, intake, and exhaust ran 9 flat and I dont know the speed. It doesnt appear the 02 is much faster than the 01. I would say their only advantage is the new cam cause the other things like the intake are usually replaced and the pre cats can be removed on ours and the screen taken out of the maf.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I heard that the LS6 gain a little more horsepower, like 10-15, after a few thousand miles. I don't know that 10-15 hp is going to make any difference on the time, I assumed you are talking about 1/8 mile here right! I think we may have to wait a little longer to see. Maybe the 02s aren't any faster than the 01s.

I guess we will find out as more of the 02 Zs hit the street. Right now, I've seen two bad performance reports on the 02s already. This is one and the other one posted by Rippied.Z06 about the 02 dynoed at 325 rwhp.

We'll wait and see....

·
Registered
837 Posts
We'll need to wait another couple months for the 02 Z06s to get into new owners' hands, get broken in, be dynoed and make it to the drag strip.

My sense is that the 02 will live up to published GM engineering figures for HP. Quarter mile times achieved will alway depend on the driver, traction conditions, and quality of the air. Still an excellent driver under favorable conditions should see 12.4x quarters.

Ranger

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Guys, the car at the 1/8 mile drags in Spearfish was the same car that dynoed 325. It had over 10,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts

On 2001-07-28 22:53, Rippied.Z06 spewed forth this drivel:
Guys, the car at the 1/8 mile drags in Spearfish was the same car that dynoed 325. It had over 10,000 miles on it.

Thanks for the info Rippied... someone at GM needs to lock that car up! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts