Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not really.

Historically Solo I has included high speed:
- Solo Trials which are similar to DE's with NO other cars and are Non-timed with no driving suits or roll bars required.
- Time Trials which are high speed closed course with a single car against the clock with driving suits and roll bars /cages required and
- Hill Climbs which are like Time Trials but up hills; Pike's Peak being the most apparant and famous but which has a large but obscure following in the East, mainly in Appalachian Pa, WVa, and NC.

The SCCA's first move last year was to remove the Solo I Rules from the Solo Rules Manual and seperate it from Pro Solo, and National Tour, Regional and Local AutoX last year. This was logical as the Solo I Rules more closely follow the GCR's and Club Racing rules in safety requirements (specifically roll bar/cage) and car classifications anyway.

The SCCA has now announced a new Marketing Format and have changed the name of the events to "Time Trials". This format will still encompass the Hill Climbs, Solo Trials and Time Trials events as before. Hopefully more effort and time will be spent ppromoting these events out of obscurity and possibly into some contingency money as well.

In other news, there are a lot of grumblings and rumblings with Pro Solo.

Stay Tuned.

·
Registered
124 Posts
They've posted what I guess are draft regs for this:

http://www.scca.com/_Filelibrary/File/05-SCCA-TTR.pdf

It's an interesting program in that it lowers the price of entry from SOLO I: the first two level events do not require a roll cage or preps to GCR standards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts