Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the very early stages of a beginer's attempt at SCCA T1 class. I have some questions for those guys out there who have already gone that route:
1) What have you done to your suspension?
2) Did you lower the car? If so how much?
3) Who/where did you get an SCCA rollbar installed. Not sure if I'm up to that mod myself.
Thanks for any inputs anyone may have. Hope to see you on the track someday.
Ffen

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Key question is what racing exp. do you have prior??
If this is first racing ever and first time on track you might be in above your head and should do some schools and rent some race cars first to see if you want to make the commitment.
If you are up to speed with all of that I would ask folks like David Farmer and Chris Ingle who both have run T1.
Also Reese Cox (MTI Atlanta) has raced it for years.
Alot of your setup depends on how competitive (money??) do you want to be.
I raced T1 for several years in Solo1 and it's a cheaper route to go and get's you a good start.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In an earlier life I did three years Formula Ford, one summer of Formula Renualt in France and have about 10 years intermittent go-kart experience. Also have graduated from Jim Russell, Skip Barber and Winfield driving schools. Probably a little rusty, but think I can handle the driving end.
You know how I can get in touch with those guys?
Thanks.
Ffen

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Chris Ingle is usually the chief instructor at car guys. David farmer I have seen on this website before.
Reese is under MTI in Atlanta is his company. It used to be in marietta.
Chris runs his totally stock (except for safety equip and tires of course)and does real well and is a good driver.
David runs World Challenge I think nowadays in the car.
Reese used to run world challenge but has run several T1 events this year in southeast.
I can tell you for a fact Reese knows how to set up a car to win.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Kirk Racing Products in Alabama can set you up with the proper roll cage for your Z06. NASA (National Auto Sport Association) is looking to start a Z06 Spec racing series next year and will be offering a complete race set-up package as well.

Andy

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I have raced nasa several times this year and am actually an instructor for them in VA. This is the first I have heard about a ZO6 spec class. Sounds a little unrealistic though since they are struggling to get basic classes full I don't know if there is any real demand for a ZO6 spec class.
Of coruse if it happens would leave me with huge dilema of do I go full race with car or not. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here's the web site for Kirk:
http://www.kirkracing.com/

I heard about the planned Z06 Spec Series from the NASA VP out of California last month while running at the Nashville Superspeedway. He said that the package would cost around $29K and would include roll bar, engine mods, suspension mods and tires I believe. If this comes about, I'm definitely interested in two years. I'm running up in Nashville again this coming weekend and will check to get more info.

Andy

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Andy,
Thanks for the website.
I think I am going to do the car guys events on Sept 15-16 and 22-23 (if I can get my damn throttle fixed) so I may bump into Chris.

Brad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts