Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dateline: East St Louis, IL (just outside of St. Louis, MO at Gateway Internatioanal Raceway)

Well, after a disappointing result at the SCCA Summit Point National last month, I decided to drive the 9 1/2 hours from Youngstown to East St Louie to race on Mother's Day. I am spending mucho political points with my wife and mom over this, but a guy has to do what a guy has to do! :yeadog:

My best friend, Vince, decided to come along for the weekend, so he too is in hot water with his wife and mom. I am such a trouble maker.

The ride out here was uneventful; in fact actually fun. One measure of "heaven of earth" (IMHO) is driving down the road pulling a Corvette race car, listening to CCR & Jackson Brown on the CD-player and drinking Coca Cola with your best friend since 9th grade. Definitely a "Master Card Moment."

The field is set, or was set, with five T1 racers: Me, Pete Looby, Mike McGinley, Natha Walbaum and Ed Amonson in the debut of the C6 in T1. Unfortunately Ed crashed the beautiful Phoenix Performance prepared yellow racer in practice Friday, so he is out. Now we are down to four.

My hands will be full as Pete, Mike and Natha are all experienced drivers. Luckily I have some knowledge of this track so I am not learning from scratch today.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi David,
We are down here at VIR for a three day double regional and having a blast. We put 14" front rotors and six piston calipers yesterday and they seem to work pretty well(eat your heart out). The track is dry and fast. We are on the grand course, 4.2 miles long with the inter loop from the devil.Two blind corkscrews and an up hill out at the end. Keep us posted on whats happining there.

Tony #54

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Aaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!

You guys are killing me. :lol:

I had a great time studying nuclear power today and I'll have a great time studying nuclear power tomorrow... and I'm getting paid for it! Doesn't get any better than that... well unless the Swedish Bikini Team would drop by... with my Z06 in tow :D

Good luck tomorrow to both of you. David, say hi to Mike, Natha, Pete and Ed (if he's still around). I'll be thinking of you all tomorrow. Well... maybe not. :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts