Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first session Saturday was regional qualifying and National practice. It was my first session on the track since last August, but I seemed to re-learn the track fairly fast: on 4 heat cycle Kumhos I was running 1:08.9s. My best time last year was 1:09.7, so I got a bit faster. Howver Pete Looby was running 1:07.3s, so I have a lot of time to cut from my laps. Mike McGinley was just hundredths behind me in 3rd.

The regional race was used to bed a new set of Carbotech brakes in (man, those are good brakes!) and to get some heat in a new set of tires. I am trying a set of Hoosiers for the first time this weekend, we will see how they work on my car with me driving...

I ran some 1:09.1s in the race trying to conserve the tires. Pete ran even faster going as fast as a 1:07.1... :eek2: How demoralizing...I am faster than last year but light-years away from where I need to be.

Oh well, that's racing!

Sunday: National qualifying and the National race.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
David,
Hope the National went well for you today. 1:07.1 is flying!!! :eek:

I guess Pete got his engine troubles worked out. :lol:

·
Registered
49 Posts
He had a new engined installed for this year. He was pulling me at blackhawk. Seems to have some good HP. He is also a excellent driver that doesn't make many mistakes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts