Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This coming weekend (actually Friday and Saturday) I am racing a fabled Lime Rock raceway in beautiful northwest Connecticut.

This is the first time I have ever visited this track, so I am a bit apprehensive about the whole affair, but I plan on doing well regardless.

For those of you nearby, this is a "spectator" event, so it is open to the public. I think the admission is $15.00, so c'mon out and watch some good racing. The T1 race is Group 5, which should put us right after lunch. So far we have seven entries, 6 Corvettes and 1 Lotis Elise.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Go get em Dave!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Dave,

Be careful and kick ass.

:)

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, just got back from a long (8 1/2 hour) drive from CT. A bit tired, to say the least.

I finished 3rd out of 8 cars. Not by being fast, but by having some luck.

After watching just two laps of in-car video I am cringing at how much time I am wasting at that track.

A quick recap:

Friday AM Session #1 (1st time on track) I run a 1:01.997. Pole is a 59.4XX by Bill Ziegler (this is his home track).
Friday PM Session #2 (2nd time on track) I get to a 1:00.975, 5th in class but 6th overall (behind a very fast T2 Camaro). I picked up some speed and everyone else went slower.
Saturday race: I went a best of a 1:00.327, Bill Z won with a 59.8, second place was Pete Kulka (very good driver) with a 1:00.027 (?).

I want to go back soon so I can make up for the mistakes I made this weekend...

More to follow later this weekend.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey Dave, Good Job out there. My new phoenix motor is in and dyno'd as of friday, We'll see you at beaverun. It will be my first time out there so take it easy on me OK! ;)

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Thanks for the summary David. Congrats on fighting your way back up to 3rd. Nice job at a new track.

Best of luck to both of you up at Beaverun next weekend. Have fun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts