Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be there....anyone else going? :ity: Dan? Sconi? John? Maybe our 'ol buddy Skip will show up... :thumb:

·
Registered
224 Posts
It doesn't look good for me right now, :( I am trying to reschedule a few meeting for Monday. I will let you know by Saturday morning.

John

·
Registered
478 Posts
I will be joining you guys on Monday tracking my R32 for the first time in the advanced run group. Just don't blow my doors off when you go by. Looking forward to hanging out with you guys. It's been awhile. I bought a set of R compound tires for a little more grip to go with the all wheel drive and a set of lighter wheels.

Well it's almost the same color as my old ZO6

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John.....make it happen man, it's a short season.

Skip....nice car!! :eek: There were 2 R32's at the last NHIS event. :yeadog: Very cool cars, I'm anxious to check it out.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sorry guys I can't make it, way to busy at work. :(

At least the weather looks good, have a good time and be safe. :thumb:

I will try my best to make the next event at NHIS in August.

John

·
Registered
478 Posts
Well, as usual Jim was fastest driver in the advanced run group sometimes lapping the entire field. He was so fast that the organizers asked him if he'd like to to run with the instructors. I asked him if there was anyone in the instructors group that gave him a run for his money and he said no. All I can remember was seeing my rear view mirrors filled with millenium yellow before hearing the roar of his exhaust as he left me in his dust. Nice driving Jim.

On track pics can be seen here:

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=04FT002V01&b=0&t=-1&start=0&password=

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Skip... :lol: Truth is, there were a lot of fast guys there in different makes of cars.....each doing their own thing. I spent a lot of time working on getting through Turn 6 better, and felt really comfortable at the end of the day. Good to see a lot of Z06's in attendance, especially JR with that sick Mallett car... :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Good grief...that think is badazz, a real piece of work. :yeadog: Kudos to him and the Mallett crew for building such an awesome piece. :thumb:

Hope to see everyone at NHIS on 8/29. :thumb:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Shoot, missed this event. I was thinking about joining SCDA. Do any of you do COMSCC events? www.ComSCC.org

I just joined their club, lots of fun and great people. The next event is August 4&5 at Mon Treblant which is a long fast track, like Watkins I hear.. Suited to our cars. Anyone else going?

$280 for both days, $30 to join the club for the year. Very reasonable, lots of track time! :p

On a side note, does anyone know if SCDA allows the Honda S2000 to run without a rollbar? I think someone mentioned they let them if they have a hard top on.

·
Registered
478 Posts
SCDA is not a membership club but rather an independant promoter of track days. There was a Honda S2000 running with no hardtop as well as a few Porsche cabriolets which I found to be a little surprising.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have a buddy that wanted to run his convert Corvette and was told by Ian that it MUST have a roll bar OR a factory style hardtop to run in a SCDA event. It also states that on the SCDA website in the FAQ area. www.scda1.com

The test they give the roll bar is to take a broom handle from the top of the windshield to the top of the roll bar and you must have one inch between the handle and the top of your helmet.

John

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mallett Zo6 said:
i finally learned how to post a pic
Dude...you're killing me man! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

That car rocks!!!!! :thumb: :jammin: :jammin: Fkn badazz! :yeadog:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I will be at the SCDA event at NHIS in late August, I will bring a friend or two but they don't have Corvettes . :(

Now I see why you are drooling about the Mallett car Jim. :thumb:

John

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hey, if anyone needs vinyl stickers for their car (club #'s, experience designation, group #, etc) for the track events, or just want to apply vinyl stickers to their car, let me know via PM.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts