Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the most common topics on all forums is the issue revolving around wear and tear on our beautiful paint finishes.

As long as you do not have a dent here is what I strongly recommend you all do.

I've said it before many times.

Find the best touch up guy in your area, who drives around from dealer to dealer touching up dings and scratches. They have these vans that are equipped with paint mixing stations, compressors, various spray equipment and work lights and drying lamps. I've got a guy who now does this regularly for me and is fantastic !!!! To make his life easier I have the paint codes for my vehicles to help him - just get the codes off the net.

When I went to the movies some [email protected]#$%^& backed into my 98 vert and left a bunch of scratches. Local Corvette body shop quoted $ 700.00 plu to remove the rear fascia, the tailights etc.
Also got the front whacked - minor surface scratches, buffed most of them out, then put a nick in the driver's door with a key.

This guy came along and quoted me 80 bucks to do all three items. I screamed 80 dollars - he said, do you think that's too much - I said heck no, do it, before you change your mind.

It was perfect when he left.

These guys are a godsend to the used car dealers and drive body shop owners nuts.

Find one and pay him top dollar.

Good Luck

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yep, I have a couple of items that need touched up. Heard there is a company called AERO(something) that does this work. Need to find them. :)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
RG in Dallas we are in the same area...

suggestions on getting a touch up done here?---A town this size must have someone that specializes in it. I have a few chips that I would like fixed.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phone the high end used car dealers in your area - they will know the outfits and the guys who are the best. This is usually a closely guarded industry secret because the really good guys are very busy and very reasonable in their pricing.:)

·
Registered
906 Posts
I hit a large rock in the parking lot 5 minutes after I got the Z. Damaged the paint on lower front bumper. AeroColours® fixed it PERFECTLY for $60 (in 14 minutes, while I waited, NO APPOINTMENT)! Lowest estimate I got from a GOOD body shop: $875!
Between NOVUS, fixed my $2000 winshield 48 minutes after it got cracked (no cost to me) & Aerocolours® we can save LOTS of $$$$ and time.

-HarleyB

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here we go. Guys like Harley are on the ball !:cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts