Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Before this thread gets out of hand. Jim has agreed to let Z06Vette.com verify the numbers at a dyno of our choosing (a local Dynojet 248). We will need a volunteer with an 02 in the North VA area that is stock.......

Just to clarify, we will do 3 pulls stock. Install the sidewinder, do a full relearn by disconnecting the batt, driving for 20 minutes, then after a cooldown, 3 more pulls.

Also, we are not looking for actual numbers, rather the delta between stock and post install......

Takers?

JC

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
JC, would be glad to volunteer my '02, but as you know, it already has the Vortex installed....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks like we already have the delta from Sean's numbers. He used the same dyno the very next day after his stock run. BTW, he was using the snorkle (TRIC), not the Sidewinder.

·
Registered
58 Posts
BLEUBYU said:
JC, would be glad to volunteer my '02, but as you know, it already has the Vortex installed....
So whats the big deal? Get 50 bucks for a stock shroud and re-do the whole thing. Thats what I would have had to do. BTW thanks for the offer on the before thread. I was gone a couple of hours and the whole thing degenerated. Wish I could have made it work.

Bob

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
RFC, I have made the offer to JC, I do not live that far away from him. However, I agree that the other thread did deteriorate quickly into some pretty petty exchanges. My only intent in making my funding offer was to do some furthering of info via some comparative, controlled testing. But when some people are extremely aggressive with marketing, it is not to be totally unexpected that those type of actions might lead to strong, and perhaps in some cases, out of line discourses.

I can understand why JC may well be hesitant to take me up on my offer given my own distaste of some of the hype posted here. That is probably logical, and perhaps wise. Although from a personal standpoint, and as an analyst/researcher type - the process of testing and comparison is of great interest to me.

Now, i must say something to Jim Hall about his reference to those people who "claim" Vortex 'only' made 7 or so rear wheel but do not post dyno results, because I am one of "those" people. There is an implication that this is a disingenuous action on my part - it is not. I have the hardcopy graph but do not have a softcopy because the proprietor of Woodbridge Dynotech could not make a softcopy for me. I have taken the hardcopy to a local shop who told me they will convert it to a jpeg for me, but the smallest size they came up with is 83 megs! So I am still trying to get the hardcopy into a format that is postable. If anyone here can help me with posting, I would be quite grateful. I can mail it to JC, if that's what it takes. I also made it clear in my original post presenting this info that i did not have baseline or "stock" readings since the Vortex was installed by BPP at Carlisle two days after my Musueum pick-up.

I have never denigrated Ernie or his products, in fact I found Ernie to be a fine person to deal with. I am very pleased with both the install and quality of BPPs system. In fact I recently called Ernie and discussed my dyno results with him, and he felt that my h/p and torque figures were pretty damn good on such a low mileage engine. So before you speak FOR Ernie, maybe you should speak TO Ernie. Furthermore, i have never denigrated any vendor's products on this forum or any other forum - my comments have been directed solely at what I regard as an abundance of marketing hype the like I have never seen in dealing with a substantial number of nationally respected vendors (LPE, DRM, Vette Drs, etc) over two decades. I stand by that opinion, more strongly than ever.

I sincerely hope the forum is able to successfully complete the test JC is proposing, I will be keenly interested in its results. Perhaps your system will show a delta in the range you claim, perhaps not. It's possible that my Vortex system will make 6 or 7 rear wheel less than yours consistently - I still find your attempt to occupy so much bandwidth with your marketing to be personally distasteful.

I challenge anyone to name ANY vendor who has consistently occupied ANY Corvette forum with one tenth as much bandwidth as Halltech. Of course it is a no lose situation for Jim, since continued controversy serves a purpose by keeping his products in the limelight.

As such, with the exception of posting dyno sheets (hopefully), this will be my last post on this subject -

:puke:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Jim,

We welcome your posts and your attempt to educate our members.

Moderators and Administrators will do our best to eliminate the bashing. These are my thoughts only, but I feel that if a vendor posts a thread on his product, then other vendors should NOT be posting to that thread. It always turns ugly :flaming: and detracts from the original purpose of the thread. :( I will NOT allow this to happen again.

Keep psting Jim, we appreciate your honesty. You told us you were going to dyno before you even recieved your new Z. So we were expecting to hear results. Good or bad, :) and I know you would have informed us either way. :cool:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Actually RG, we have mentioned not posting to other vendors posts in the past. It would be best that if you want to promote your product, that you start a new thread. You will be given the same courtesy as all vendors who post.

Frank

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
with respect

Jim & RG,

Guys this is all being sorted out. Pls all have patiance we are working hard to make this best for all,Vendors, Members and Guests. We want the best for all and as we are growing pains take place, Trust me will make it Right...........

Thanks in advance...........

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.