Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IT SEEMS THAT MOST ALL OF THE FORUM MEMBERS ARE USING THE ZAINO POLISHING SYTEM. I CAN'T SAY THAT I HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF USING THIS GREAT PRODUCT YET, BUT I WILL. THERE ARE A FEW OTHER POLISHES THAT ARE APPEARING AT VARIOUS CAR SHOWS. ONE IN PARTICULAR, FORMULA 113 AND BEADX. HAS ANY ONE HEARD OF OR USED THIS WAX AND GLOSS ENHANCER? IF SO, HOW DOES IT COMPARE TO ZAINO OR DOESN'T IT.

TNX. CONFUSED Z06 OWNER

------------------

·
Registered
0 Posts
NAPVETTE,

I don't know about the other waxes you mentioned, except for Zaino. I am a devout Zaino user, but the wife refuses to switch. She uses Meguiares Medallion and Gold Class on her Black Z. I have to admit...her Z really looks good. I used Meguiares for 20 years, and its a great wax, but I'm sticking with Zaino.

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I used Meguiares Medallion on my other cars and started off with Mothers on my T/R and am now trying Zaino. So far i can't tell much difference between it and Mothers. As far as the other products you've mentioned, I have not heard of them.

Kevin

------------------
T/R Z06 with Red/Black Interior.
Halltech Titanium TRIC, Red Kevlar/Black CF Magic

·
Registered
12 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NAPVETTE:
IT SEEMS THAT MOST ALL OF THE FORUM MEMBERS ARE USING THE ZAINO POLISHING SYTEM. I CAN'T SAY THAT I HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF USING THIS GREAT PRODUCT YET, BUT I WILL. THERE ARE A FEW OTHER POLISHES THAT ARE APPEARING AT VARIOUS CAR SHOWS. ONE IN PARTICULAR, FORMULA 113 AND BEADX. HAS ANY ONE HEARD OF OR USED THIS WAX AND GLOSS ENHANCER? IF SO, HOW DOES IT COMPARE TO ZAINO OR DOESN'T IT.

TNX. CONFUSED Z06 OWNER

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
01,Z06,spdwy white.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by NAPVETTE:

TNX. CONFUSED Z06 OWNER

Just finished polishing my Z with 113, have been using it for the last three years. Real easy to use, doesn't leave any dust. I have a 37 **** p/u I restored and use Formula 113 and BeadX on it all the time. I used it on my 00 Navy Blue coupe, until I traded it in for my 01 Z. I have used both Zaino and 113 and I find 113 alot easier to use than Zaino and looks just as good to me. Try it, you have nothing to lose.

------------------
01,Z06,spdwy white.

·
Registered
109 Posts
One of the best features of Zaino is how well it holds up to the elements. The shine just lasts and lasts. Months after applying the Z1+Z2/Z5 treatment, water will still bead up on the surface, and dirt will rinse away with ease leaving your car looking like it was just waxed!

It isn't expensive either, which is always a bonus!

------------------
2001 Z06, Tag "EVIL Z06"
Torch red, solid black interior
!CAGS !BSM
NGK TR6 plugs & Taylor wires
Halltech Z06 TRIC + MAG
NX 150hp Wet Kit

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Formula 113 contains silicone oils and it does have abrasives in it, it's a good product if your looking for a cleaner type polish. Zaino has no silicone oils and no abrasives at all, Zaino will build up as each coat is applied. Formula 113 may look more shiny when first applied because of the silicone oils in the product, after the first wash it will quickly lose that shine. 113 will last aprox. 4-6 weeks before it needs to be reapplied, Zaino will last 4 months before it will need to be reapplied. All the 113 info in this post has compiled from many posts from the owner of 113 and from other Forums on the internet. I do not care what polish or wax you use on your cars, but knowing what is in the products is very important.
------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **
MN6,F45,QF5,AQ9,AG2,CJ2,T96,B34,AAB,UN0,U1S,JL4,UV6,T82,N37
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

[This message has been edited by hcvone (edited 02-07-2001).]

·
Registered
56 Posts
I use Meguiares Medalion because it is avalible localy. I love haveing my car looking good (black) but I am not one of the people that enjoyes the work to get it done.When I was at the track I was in line next to another black vette that had Zaino on it thay are very similer. If it's true that the Zaino lasts longer maybe worth the extra effort for the multi step prosess. Ric

------------------
2001ZO6 Black Mod Red Best ET 12.003 114.45

·
Registered
65 Posts
I used Zaino on my '95 Z28. The first time I applied it, my Vette owning neighbor walked across the street to see what I was using. He thought my car shined better than new. Now that I have the ZO6 I see no reason for anything other than Zaino. It goes on very easy, you only need the pre-lock the first time, and the Z2/Z5 doesn't dust. The gloss enhancer works and smells great and is great for in between washes. I often California dust my car and then use the gloss enhancer and the car looks like it was just detailed. As always, YMMV.

Rick

------------------

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THANKS FOLKS;
IT SEEMS THAT WITH THE HELP OF YOUR POSTS I CAN INTELLIGENTLY SELECT A GOOD POLISHING SYSTEM, OR AT LEAST TRY ONE. I WILL ORDER ZAINO AND GIVE IT A HOOT.

THANKS NAPVETTE
VERY HAPPY MY Z06 OWNER

------------------

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well guys Zaino isn't cutting it for me, I need help. My Z sat on the show room floor for a while so as you can imagine every Tom, Dick and Harry had to rub up against it. No major scratchs like keys or anything but the light, fine scratches that show so well with a black paint job. I've spent the weekend applying 3 coats of Zaino and I haven't noticed any change in the scratches. I followed the instructions to the letter; cleaned the car with the claybar, Z1, and then multiple coats of Z5. I allowed the Z5 to dry for the specified time, before and after removal. Sure the finish looks great and has a deep shine but I want to get rid of the scratches. What type of polish do I need to get this job done?

Thanks,

------------------
John Kelchen
'01 Blk/Blk ZO6

[This message has been edited by John K (edited 02-26-2001).]

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Being your car is black the scratches show up more than lighter color cars. You probably need to use 3M Scratch and Swirl Remover, this product contains abrasives so you have to be some what careful when using. I had scratches on my M5 because they wiped the car down after I test drove it and the car has road salt on it, a few coats of 3M S&SR and then Zaino Z-5 and finished with Z-2 and my car looks perfect, and I am anal about car finishes.

------------------

www.hcvind.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Carl, wanted to say thanks for the great tip. Went and got some 3M Swirl Remover and it worked great. Put some Z5 over it and it looks fantastic. I like my black car again.

------------------
John Kelchen
'01 Blk/Blk ZO6

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
John, anytime buddy
You will find owning a black car that the 3M S&SR will be your best friend from time to time, just remember that is done contain abrasives and should be used as a last resort.

------------------

www.hcvind.com

[This message has been edited by hcvone (edited 02-28-2001).]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts