Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 03 Z for a few weeks now and love it :jammin:. The only problem I seem to have is with the seat backs (not seat rock). I tried a search and found nothing relating to this, so I thought I'd ask. Both seats have the problem. They both can be pulled forward at least 5 or 6 inches. They won't lock and stay in place. Is this common?? Seems like in an accident this would be dangerous :eek:. Should I take the baby in to the dreaded dealer??

Tim:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Tim in indiana said:
I've had my 03 Z for a few weeks now and love it :jammin:. The only problem I seem to have is with the seat backs (not seat rock). I tried a search and found nothing relating to this, so I thought I'd ask. Both seats have the problem. They both can be pulled forward at least 5 or 6 inches. They won't lock and stay in place. Is this common?? Seems like in an accident this would be dangerous :eek:. Should I take the baby in to the dreaded dealer??

Tim:)
My 02 does the same thing. Don't know if that's normal or not

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
My 01 and my 02 had this issue. I thought it was normal.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It shows in the video that came with the car its normal. Something about the seats not jamming into something in the hatch area if you run them back.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Normal.

If your asking how to move it more - you need to release the latch behind the seat (upper section behind your head). This will allow the seat-back to move much further and it will stay in that position - until you release the latch again and set it back to upright.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts