Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a current owner, but am considering purchasing a Z06 in the future. I really don't care for the seats at all and would very much like to replace them with momos, recaros or sparcos. From posts I have read, I understand it is near impossible to do so. Can anyone out there contradict this? I love the car and the performance value it provides. However, I really dislike the seats.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
insomnia7 said:
I am not a current owner, but am considering purchasing a Z06 in the future. I really don't care for the seats at all and would very much like to replace them with momos, recaros or sparcos. From posts I have read, I understand it is near impossible to do so. Can anyone out there contradict this? I love the car and the performance value it provides. However, I really dislike the seats.

Thanks
Sparco is the only real alternative I know of. I think the EVO fits the tunnel. Best of luck with your search.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I read on another forum that the C5 mounting brackets for the sparcos will also fit recaros since they are about the same with.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Oh, it was Gary Hoffman who said that, the guy three posts above me.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Seems Like Non Recliners Only

All of the seats mentioned appear to be non recliners. While these are fine for the track, many owners want a reclining seat and retention of the factory power seat functions.

Corbeau claims their A4 seat will fit, but you have to discard the factory seat belt and go with a harness setup. They also claim they are coming out with a recliner model which fits the C5 with no compromises. Corbeau won't yet commit to a delivery schedule, so this won't help us right now.

Anyone know if other manufacturers are up to the task?

Jacob

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
If you are going to go through the expense you might look at the sports seat version of the stock seats. The are different looking in that they have a opening to put a shoulder harness through if you wanted one. It will let you keep youo Z06 stock which is desirable if you ever resell it. Here is a good picture:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Anyone know if the Sparco Fighter 00952RS Sport Seat will fit ?

What need to be done, etc ? Where is the best price for the EVO. I found the FIGHTER, on cardomain for about $489 a piece.

·
Registered
84 Posts
panzer said:
If you are going to go through the expense you might look at the sports seat version of the stock seats. The are different looking in that they have a opening to put a shoulder harness through if you wanted one. It will let you keep youo Z06 stock which is desirable if you ever resell it. Here is a good picture:
I dunno, I dont think its safe to have the harnesses route lower than your shoulders like that...I mean..they look lower than shoulder height.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts