Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally took my car in to have the seat fixed. I got a call today saying "Everything is within spec".

What the HELL is chevy's problem? There is fucking an 1/8" of slop in the seat rails.

It is fucking pissing me off to get on the brakes and have the car rock forward, then rock back as I get back on the throttle.

ARGH

·
Registered
20 Posts
mgarfias,

I had a similar issue at my dealership. They insisted that they had fixed my rocking seat by adjusting the rails and re-torquing the bolts.

Upon picking it up and sitting in the seat, the good ol rocking was still there. I don't know if they even touch anything!

When, I complained again and after the car sat for a second full day at the dealer and the service manager got involed, they finally decided to order the replacement rails.

It's been over a week and still no rails! My seat rocks so bad that I think people next to me at stop lights can tell as I take off.

~John

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi mgarfias,
These are the parts and part numbers I have recorded that reportedly fixed the rocking seat problem.

Seat Track adjuster: 88898621

Handle: 10272551

I also recall that there is an older part number for the seat track adjuster which you should not use. Use the new part number shown above.

Good luck!
02BlueZ06

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I'll be going in next week for this - I'll give a full report ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
here is the deal

the only way to fix a rocking seat is to replace the adjuster. I was told that now when I order a adjuster it is a redesigned unit to stop rocking. I have one on order when it comes in and it is installed i will let you know what happens:-?

·
Registered
181 Posts
vettemaster said:
here is the deal

the only way to fix a rocking seat is to replace the adjuster. I was told that now when I order a adjuster it is a redesigned unit to stop rocking. I have one on order when it comes in and it is installed i will let you know what happens:-?

Yes, and make sure you use the new part number for the seat track adjuster - 88898621.

02BlueZ06

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They took it for a test drive and could feel nothing. Jesus, I _TOLD_ them to check out the frame and how it moves in the rails.

Oh well, I'm outta here come saturday, heading to my gf's in albuqerque. I'll find a decent dealer there and see if I can get them to fix it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
mgarfias, my seat seems to have the same problem.It is not as bad as yours at this point.I think it will in time. 6'2 285 lbs. I see others have this problem as well. I am waiting to see how others make out at the dealer. I hope you get yours fixed right!:mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts