Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other night I got out of my car and the seatbelt didn't retract. I figured I'd take care of it later. When I got back in I realized it was completely locked where it is. It wont go in or out. I tried stepping on the brake and pulling it. I spent 10 minutes just fiddling around with it to try and unlock it. No good. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions as to what I can do. I really don't have the time to take it to the dealer so if anyone knows how I can fix it on my own please do tell.

Thanks,
Gene

·
Registered
362 Posts
phantasms said:
The other night I got out of my car and the seatbelt didn't retract. I figured I'd take care of it later. When I got back in I realized it was completely locked where it is. It wont go in or out. I tried stepping on the brake and pulling it. I spent 10 minutes just fiddling around with it to try and unlock it. No good. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions as to what I can do. I really don't have the time to take it to the dealer so if anyone knows how I can fix it on my own please do tell.

Thanks,
Gene
move seat to foreword position,remove cover from recoil meck,release the pawl rachet at the gear--lubricate with silicon spray

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
If you dont have the time for the dealer, my only suggestion would be to take it apart yourself and see what the problem is. I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear but sometimes the belt gets twisted inside the retract cage.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Z11409 said:
move seat to foreword position,remove cover from recoil meck,release the pawl rachet at the gear--lubricate with silicon spray
Thanks,

I'll give that a shot tonight. I figured it would require me trying to fix it myself. I jsut had no idea how to go about it. I don't believe the belt is twisted at all. Hopefully it's somethign I can take care of.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts