Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, After looking at aftermarket seats (Recaro and Sparco) I have come to the conclusion that there isnt any that will fit in a C5. I spoke with 2 different reps from Sparco and they said they have nothing that will mount up and fit in a C5. Recaro said that they didnt think that any of theirs would fit either. Kinda weird how they can fit in a porsche, vw, etc etc etc..but not one will fit in a vette? Looking for some better feeling and better looking seats for my 02 Z. Any thoughts??

Andy
02 T/R Z06

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Here is my problem with the seats. Once I get the leg and back right, the head rest is all wrong. After driving for awhile my neck is killing me... Anyone else have this issue or it just the comfort level and support of the seats y'all hate.

Just curious.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I am not unhappy with the stock seats, but I am going to have a set of Caravaggio seats installed. I will keep all informed.:D

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
What BrianK said!

Hell, I've SEEN PICS of a Sparco Evo-2 seat in a guys Z06. It can be done, and it HAS been done. (Looks sweet, too!)

At least 2 models of Sparco's fit in the Z06. It's the mounting hardware that doesn't "appear" to be available -- but the hardware IS available. I think that Gary at Hardbar.net makes rails for Z's and Sparco's.

Also, wait a couple weeks, and see how Carl does over in Europe after he speaks with Recaro. Right now they think that there's no market for their seats in C5's -- but if anyone can convince them otherwise, it's Carl!

-Kirk

·
Registered
568 Posts
I saw a post where someone had their stock Z06 seat professionally modified. They bent some things for more support, added some more padding, etc. It sounded pretty nice and seemed like it might be a good solution.

The gotcha is finding a shop good enough to do the work, and knowing whether you will be satisfied before you let someone hack on your seats..

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
BrianK said:
I saw a post where someone had their stock Z06 seat professionally modified. They bent some things for more support, added some more padding, etc. It sounded pretty nice and seemed like it might be a good solution.

The gotcha is finding a shop good enough to do the work, and knowing whether you will be satisfied before you let someone hack on your seats..
BrianK -- Was it a Carravgio (sp) seat? 'Cause they take the stock seat and transform the hell of it such that it looks like.. Well.. Nothing like stock. They bolster the sides (like a Sparco, almost), cut holes for harnesses, etc. It's pretty impressive -- and EXPENSIVE. :)

-Kirk

·
Registered
417 Posts
The real issue is the width of the car itself versus the width of the seat. The Sparco Evo, EVO2, and Pro2000 will fit with our seat rail kit. The kit has been used with Cobra and Recaro seats since most side mount seats have the same bolt spacing. I can say the EVO3 DOES NOT fit even though we did put one in a '01 ZO6 (this car had no interior and a full roll cage). Basically, it is the width of the seat that is the limit here, not the seat rails the we make. The Rik Johnson article listed above is a good reference for the EVO, and the EVO2 installation is described in the following URL.
http://www.c5forum.com/diy/hardbar.php

Thanks,
Gary Hoffman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts