Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....I posted this over on the main forum, but figured more of you woul see it here. Thanks!

I had a local Z owner request this info, so I thought I would share it with the rest of you guys.

My Store:

Oil Can Henry's
420 228th Ave NE
Sammamish WA 98074
425-836-2626

My office # is 425-788-4579 best to catch me in the AM between 7:30-9:30, or any evening or weekend

Frankly the Mobil 1 filter is equal or better than the UPF-44, and is BETTTER than what some local Chevy dealers are installing. I stopped by Lee Johnson Chev on Monday, and they only have the Dura Gard(PF44) filter, and claim that the Ultra Guard isn't even in their system. There have been a couple of threads over the last month regarding filter issues, and the fact that the Ultra Guard(AC-Delco) had been discontinued. It appears what has happened is that AC changed their vendor on this filter. I don't know who the new vendor is yet, but should supply questions arise, it will become a topic on the forum. There are NO retailers in WA that carry the Mobil 1 filters. We found a distrubutor out of state, and have 24 on order.

I don't know if Redline meets GM's SPECS for synthetic. It is only available direct, or from specialty retailers(race & tune shops. Mobil 1 is the "factory" fill for the Vette's......Pennzoils Synthetic is an awesome product, frankly meets all of the standards that Mobil 1 does, and that is saying something. We carry both Mobil 1, and Pennzoil Synthetic.

Our 20point Full Service Synthetic base price is $59.99, this includes all the checks and fill associated with our service, and 5qts of synthetic oil and a BASIC filter. The Mobil 1 filter based on my cost is a $6.00 upcharge, and the Z06 takes an additional 2 qts of oil at $7.95 per qt. Total + tax $81.89 I will offer any of the local Corvette Forum members $10.00 off this price, or a flat pit fee of $24.95 if you want to bring your own oil and filter. Our 20pt full service also offers a 3 month, 3000 mile top off guarantee, which could come in handy for some of you 2001 owners NO CHARGE for top offs during this period!

I would recommend a Powerdrain($9.95), but if you would prefer a magnetic plug, you can probably pick one up at Schucks or NAPA. In 12+ years in the business, I have never had a customer request one. Personally, if it has gotten to the point that you would see anything on the plug of substance, it is too late anyway. One other thing about running Pennzoil synthetic, we can send out an oil sample periodically, and have it analyzed by Pennzoil. NO CHARGE!

Our standard ATF is Dexron III,
The standard price for a non-synthetic gearbox drain and refill is $28.99, includes up to 5 qts of fluid.
We will have a new fluid from Pennzoil available later this month, that is synthetic, that will be replacing the current Dex III. I don't have pricing on this yet, but should in the next 3 weeks or so.

We carry synthetic 75w-90 for the rear differential unit, it is GM spec rated. Pennzoils' 75w-90 synthetic gear oil already carries the properties of the GM additive package, and by adding additional quantities of the additive, you could cause problems with the unit(this is straight from the Pennzoil lubricants hotline this AM).
Synthetic service $38.99., includes up to 5 pints of fluid

Additional fluid as needed is charged out at its per pint/quart price.

Hopefully this will be all the info you need.....I haven't decided yet as to what I am going to do for an induction/air filter, and will probably stock a couple of stock style air filters in the meantime. The K&N type filters are nice, but can be a bit of a hassle for cleaning purposes.

Give me a call when you are ready and I wiil make sure either myself or my manager is there when you come in

Thanks,
Win

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Offer still in effect to any Bruthas that need it......!

:cheers:

·
Registered
755 Posts
:-? What about us here in the south, do you deliever :D :cheers: :cheers: Farris :z:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FARRIS COBB said:
:-? What about us here in the south, do you deliever :D :cheers: :cheers: Farris :z:
There are Oil Can Henry's stores in the Tampa market.......:D

But I don't think the Franchisee there is going to bother stocking special oil and filters for the Brutha's like I am!!:yeadog: :yeadog:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts