Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watch Cadillac facrory team, Corvette, race against Vipers, Porsches!

On Speed Now!

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
Watching it. Go Lou ! - (currently 5th)
The snakes are fast (and so is that one Porsche)

·
Banned
809 Posts
2MchFun said:
Watching it. Go Lou ! - (currently 5th)
The snakes are fast (and so is that one Porsche)
Unfortunately, I knew about Lou's outcome and the rest of the outcome of the race, so I wasn't very excited to watch it today. Damn tape delay!!

Sal

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I watched the Touring and GT races today. Loved them both. SPEED World Challenge is my favorite racing series. Maybe someday... :D

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
salvador said:
Unfortunately, I knew about Lou's outcome and the rest of the outcome of the race, so I wasn't very excited to watch it today. Damn tape delay!!

Sal
I purposely avoided finding out the results. Not too hard since, for the most part, motorsports is defined in this country as NASCAR. :screwy:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Well, we went testing today with new heads. they worked well, and we tried two wings also. St Pete is a rough street track and SCCA must have seen the sandbagging that we all saw on TV today so they lowered the weight of the C6 to 3000 pounds from 3100 but they made us meet a 50% rear weight requirment.

it is hard to do with the Trans and rear end in the rear. Porsche gets 62% rear so they will be hard to beat at St Pete, and the Viper will sandbag and finish 4th or 5th. mark these words.

Thanks
Lou G

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Lou,
Thanks for the inside info. Glad to see you got some weight break, even at the cost of a weight distribution penalty.

Good luck in St Pete! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
L G Motorsports said:
Well, we went testing today with new heads. they worked well, and we tried two wings also. St Pete is a rough street track and SCCA must have seen the sandbagging that we all saw on TV today so they lowered the weight of the C6 to 3000 pounds from 3100 but they made us meet a 50% rear weight requirment.

it is hard to do with the Trans and rear end in the rear. Porsche gets 62% rear so they will be hard to beat at St Pete, and the Viper will sandbag and finish 4th or 5th. mark these words.

Thanks
Lou G
Racing = Politics.

Good luck...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
2MchFun said:
I purposely avoided finding out the results. Not too hard since, for the most part, motorsports is defined in this country as NASCAR. :screwy:
Who wants to start a new cable channel called "Motorsports" and steal all of the programming from Speed (and lots of the programming they canned) that is not NASCAR-oriented? I think there is a market. :usa: Let's pool our resources and get started.

·
Registered
808 Posts
quickZ said:
Who wants to start a new cable channel called "Motorsports" and steal all of the programming from Speed (and lots of the programming they canned) that is not NASCAR-oriented? I think there is a market. :usa: Let's pool our resources and get started.

Now that is an excellent idea.

·
Registered
20 Posts
quickZ said:
Thats what Speedvision used to be. :flaming: Thank you FOX for messing it up.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Speed has gone to the dogs. The only reason why I keep it is because it's the only way I can watch F1. Otherwise, I'd cancel it. They even displaced Wind Tunnel during the week for yet another NASCRAP show. Not that it matters much because Dave gets sucked into talking about NASCAR for half of the show anyway. I'm glad that I have a DVR. I record Wind Tunnel and every time they start talking about NASCAR, I just keep hitting my 30 second skip feature.

Sal

1 - 15 of 15 Posts