Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**Final Update**

Obviously the car is going to the dealer this morning but can anyone provide some insight on this. At idle, the pressure drops to 8 PSI but as soon as i get on the gas it goes back to 40+ PSI.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sorry to hear that! I know, stupid question, but did you check the oil level on the dip stick? If the oil level is critically low, you will loose oil presure and it will eventually go to 0.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First thing i did was check the oil level. Didn't have a low level warning on the HUD so I was fairly certain that wasn't the problem. Was a little low, maybe half a quart which about normal because I burn a quart every 2000 miles or so. With the problems I've had I am seriously considering lodging a formal complaint with GM. Although I doubt it will get me anywhere but at least I will not be passively submitting to this bullshit. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealer found a large amount of metal in the oil. Stated something defenitely failed internally, possibly a disinegrated bearing. Just my luck, couldn't be as simple as the sender or something. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
528 Posts

On 2001-08-21 14:07, MARZ06 spewed forth this drivel:
First thing i did was check the oil level. Didn't have a low level warning on the HUD
"HUD"... The DIC you meant?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The verdict is in, old motor is being sent back to GM in a crate and a new one is on the way. I will now begin the fight for a buy back. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif Man, I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm surprised they didn't remove and inspect the oil pump before pronouncing the engine self-destructed.

It sounds like they are trying to keep you happy by giving you a new LS6; but I know how you feel /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif . Did you have any other problems with the car?

The dealer really should be able to swap in the replacement engine and make the car as good as new.

1985 Coupe/Red
2002 Z06 Order# DKFFMZ - TPW 8/6 - DOA /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif
2002 Z06/Millennium Yellow/Black/All but PSMs
Try #2 - Order# DNFM0T - TPW 8/20!!!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
That sucks, I would ask your dealer to see the area rep, you may want to explain that you were going to keep the car forever and now the numbers do not match, see if they will do anything for you. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the car back today (almost two weeks). Entire engine was replaced including the heads, headers, clutch, water pump, etc. Basically the only things that were re-used were on the top of the motor (fuel rail, throttle body, etc.) Total cost of repair (under warranty of course): $11,197.67 :eek:

All in all, the car runs awesome. New clutch is silky smooth. I also requested an extended warranty through the GM customer service center. I'll have an answer on that by 9/04/01. Thanks to all for your concerns.

MR

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Glad to hear shes back on the road. Hopefully, its all right now. Stick by your guns on getting something for your troubles with this issue. Tell GM that you want the full extended warranty for free since half the car has been worked on -- they should go for it :D.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
You got lucky. Gm is not covering mine at all, so I'll likely be stuck with severe engine damage and no reparations at all. Wonder how much this will cost me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts