Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about sectioning my frt spoiler. What do you think?( Hits all the time,but sure looks g:) :) d!)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Shortening or sectioning the spoiler could result in increased engine temps at least on hot days. The spoiler is what kicks the air up into the radiator. Just a thought.

Pat :guiness:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about I just section the two outside pieces? Do them at an angle , as so they meet the frt spoiler as they do now. :-?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
MUFFLERBEARING said:
Shortening or sectioning the spoiler could result in increased engine temps at least on hot days. The spoiler is what kicks the air up into the radiator. Just a thought.

Pat :guiness:
Their cars are also lowered, so there is less room for the air to go under the spoiler. I don't think it will make much of a difference.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i am having some trouble with my spoiler as well, but after a close look at it have found it has a spring mechanism that makes it fold in and pop out when it hits something on the ground. i decided to leave it alone and replace it if ever needed, i dont think leaving it on can affect any more than cutting it or taking it off.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I put a....

....spoiler reinforcement kit on mine. It still "snow plows" everything but I feel better. You can get them from Mid-America. They pop on in 5 minutes.

Part #607-033 '97-01 Spoiler Reinforcement Kit $14.99

www.madirect.com

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks DJWORM. Just bought the kit last week. Time to change the oil again this coming week-end, so I thought I'd install it then. Still thinking about sectioning the two sides. Maybe 1 in. Leave the middle alone. We'll see. :roll:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Baron said:
Thinking about sectioning my frt spoiler. What do you think?( Hits all the time,but sure looks g:) :) d!)
How LOW can ya go! That is the lowest I've seen. How about posting a pic of the side of the car so we can see what the tires look like in those wheel wells?

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This one might be better.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts