Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
Interesting comments.
As far as the guy who lets Katie Couric influence his opinion on cars - well, someone watches too much TV.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Here's a few of the Moronic statements from that thread. :eyes:

IMO a Corvette is still a Corvette....

From a female point of view it's a sexy car but it makes me think of men with large gold necklaces out trolling for blonde's I do NOT like the yellow at all.

Poor mans Porsche . I came so close to buying one a few years ago but chevy dealer at my area couldn't find the color combo I wanted and eventually got tired of the salesman's bull so I passed on it.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I wonder about the mental capacity of some people :roll:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Why even bother with them?

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Everyone has an opinion. Too bad they don't all share mine.
"Corvette, says it all."

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I'd be mad too if a Chevy beat my Lambo, MB, Porsche, Ferrari, and whatever else comes in the way in bone stock trim..:cheers:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Zlicious said:
I'd be mad too if a Chevy beat my Lambo, MB, Porsche, Ferrari, and whatever else comes in the way in bone stock trim..:cheers:
You said it bro! Who cares what these snobs/morons think. The Z will whoop a$$ all day long.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
"but it'll be a squeakin' rattle trap after 50K miles. Their cheesy rep is not undeserved"

This D/H has absolutely NO Vette knowledge whatsoever!

Thinks the C4 is the current production style :roll:

·
Registered
449 Posts
I've owned three Benz's. Nice ride like my mom's old cadillacs. After about 3-5 years stuff like the A/C starts falling apart (brand new, it couldn't cool a glass of water in Florida) and then the dealer asks if you want it at room temp or cold before he sticks it in you for the repair.....lost three power windows, 2 a/c's, and the suckers started leaking....That's why it's a mystery that Chrysler who owns them is doing well and MB is down. They need to read the business journals...

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
From a female point of view it's a sexy car but it makes me think of men with large gold necklaces out trolling for blonde's I do NOT like the yellow at all.
Sounds like a statement coming from a fat chick. :lol:

Men with large gold necklaces trolling for blondes don't drive Corvettes. She also obviously doesn't get the hot rod yellow color history.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I thought about a sedan and the E55 was a thought. My cousin has an S55 and I may buy it from him because now he wants the S65. I guess 469 HP isn't enough and he wants 600+. I can relate. He needs room for two kids in the back so the Z was not an option.

He comments that when he pulls up to an onramp next to a vette and they both floor it that most vette owners have that WTF look on their face when he stays right with him for most of they way. These are probably not members of this forum and they are probably owners who paid several grand over MSRP for their cars (nothing wrong with that).

He has respect for what the vette is an can do even though he drives a $130,000 car (lucky dude).

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's a quote from someone (on the E55 board) that gets it:

RE: See what Corvette owners think about E55 AMG
On the open road course, the C5 Z06es are formidable track beasts. The German car drivers hate the Chevys. There's no denying the Vette's performance. The C6 is the price-to-performance bargain of the millenium. Snicker if you want, but 400 hp/400 lb.ft torque, serious brakes and suspension, in a <3200 lb sports car for $45K? The Vette owner with change left in his pocket might be the one snickering--especially after he's lapped you on the track...

·
Registered
561 Posts
FWIW - 9 out of 10 posts on that thread give the Z just props.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
It really is possible to admire more than one car. :lol:

Both great cars with a different purpose.

The E55 is one of my favorites although now with the 300C SRT/8 I'd probably opt for one of those as an automatic four door sports sedan.

Not quite as fast as the supercharged E55 but at half the price what the hell.

Most E55 drivers, hell most AMG owners in general dig vettes and vice a versa..

At least the ones I run into around here...

Hope your enjoying yours Enzo!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well here's one that doesn't get it....
"Unfortunately, the C6 is destined to be more GM junk. It will be a worn out rattle trap within 50K. If they would put as much effort into the overall fit, finish, and long term reliability of the complete car as they do the engine, that would be a nice car, worthy of long term ownership. Just as unfortunate would be that the cost would then be more than the cost of an AMG. At least they're finally headed in the right direction." Fast55
...although there are a lot of Z owners that might agree with him.
:blush:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I'm on the BMW boards a lot (own an X5) and I have to say that the Bimmer guys have a lot more knowledge and respect for vettes than the MB boys...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts