Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I contacted them awhile back and they wanted to set the reserve too low. It’s an 09 Z06 with 13,000 miles, and $75k in modifications & parts. I asked for a $75k reserve and they said no. Maybe I should approach them again,

·
Registered
287 Posts
The chances of you recouping the cost of your modifications is not good. The vast majority of buyers that are going to drive this car on the street at somewhat normal speeds will not have any interest is paying for mods they don't need, and may in all likelihood make the car way more difficult to maintain and drive. Spending all that money and trying to get most of it back at resale time is going to be limited. There is no one "best" online seller to use. You are going to have to hope you get some sort of an offer higher than what a stock Z06 would get, then negotiate, and take your loss. Be reasonable. All of the modifications you have put on this car are now just used parts that have no guarantee as to how long they will last. Ask your self would you spend $75K for used parts with no warranty. Probably not.

Reactions: CTYANK2

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bruno is correct. The mods will get you more than the "stock" price if done by a reputable shop with documentation but not likely to get more than 25% to 35% of what you spent. I would list it for sale on one or more of the "Corvette" forums with lots of pictures and detailed information. Look at other modded Z06's for sale to see what you are competing against. Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actual total investment is $160k, and I’m not looking to recover that, but feel the build is worth $75k. Especially since it’s a 765 rwhp 235mph car. Just going to take a special buyer that wants a super street cat that they can take to the track. I’ve had it at COTA and it’s kick in the ass
Bruno is correct. The mods will get you more than the "stock" price if done by a reputable shop with documentation but not likely to get more than 25% to 35% of what you spent. I would list it for sale on one or more of the "Corvette" forums with lots of pictures and detailed information. Look at other modded Z06's for sale to see what you are competing against. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wondering what the best way is to sell a highly modified 09 Z06? There are so many online options and not sure where to go for best results.
Hey Jeff When I sold my 08 Z06 I remember posting it on a Vette site and there was another Z06 same year virtually same mileage as mine even the same color but the main difference is he had the Lingenfelter twin turbocharger setup on his car, OH how I lusted after that twin turbo setup for my own Z06, the performance gains were incredible! Well anyway the Lingenfelter twin turbo setup was running at the time about 85,000 USD which is very close to what I paid for my whole car brand new. But in his for sale add he had all the specs of the car and I think I was asking 55K for my car and he was asking 65K for his car, my first thought is good grief that beautiful Lingenfelter twin turbo kit is worth NOTHING for helping the resale, that guy ended up taking one heck of a bath on that deal. It has been my experience with performance mods to cars is that they are OLD compared to what is out there TODAY and in most cases if people are going to do some good mods to their car most of them would want to do it all themselves, myself included! In reality if you can get 30% of your costs in the mods you did to your car back I would grab that deal. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
For what it is worth I would never buy a modded car. One must assume that with those mods it was run 1/4 mile at a time. That's a bunch of runs for 13,000 miles. You get the idea.

One thing you may not consider is how much your testosterone level will be dropping when that car goes. I hope you have a replacement or you will be "limp(ing)" home.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Assume what you will. You know the saying. Not a drag race car. This is built for road racing. Anybody can go straight, but curves make it exciting and requires more skill. This is not my only ride, and will not be my last. Currently building a 500hp K5, then a 68 Firebird road racer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
For what it is worth I would never buy a modded car. One must assume that with those mods it was run 1/4 mile at a time. That's a bunch of runs for 13,000 miles. You get the idea.

One thing you may not consider is how much your testosterone level will be dropping when that car goes. I hope you have a replacement or you will be "limp(ing)" home.
FWIW, most guys I've seen with modded cars just like to have the power but never really use it. It's usually pretty easy to identify cars and drivers who use modded cars a 1/4 mile at a time as you suggest.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can understand that way of thinking, but i have documentation showing the car was purchased from a dealer in Texas in 2012 and it had 11,338 miles on it. The initial modifications were the engine upgrade with Ligenfelter heads, comp cam, new bottom end, long tube headers, and Magnusson supercharger & custom carbon fiber hood, which was completed in late 2013, then a PPG sequential 6-speed was added with carbon fiber clutches, carbon fiber driveshaft, Xingeering shift control, and ceramic disc brakes. By then it was pushing about 12,000 miles on it, and no drag strip, but did run the Texas mile and exceeded 210 mph. Next was LG Motorsports for new suspension & downforce, with Bilstein coil overs, and all bushings replaced with Pfadt. Also the differential went through an upgrade to a Getrag, with larger axles, and external cooler. In August of 2019 the car had 12,887 miles on it, and then took it back to LG to change the fuel system to E-85, and to retune it, which ended at 759.92 HP @ 7,000, with 708.62 ft.lbs. @ 5000 rpm. I got the car back on March 17, 2020 (they were a little backed up). I then purchased an upgraded version of the Xingeering shift controller, but with pandemic and other issues the car as sat. Its a beast for street use, with current set up. Set up for road racing, but resetting the coil overs would make it a bit more comfortable to street drive. Sequential tranny takes getting used to. I'm 74 and have two other projects I'm working on, so it doesn't get the time. Thought it might be a good idea to get it in younger hands and someone who will focus on it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
sounds to me like this is a got to see it in person to appreciate what you have done kind of car. Here's a suggestion load it up on a trailer and in the spring/summer take it to Carlisle PA or Bloomington Il. throw a for sale sign on it and let potential buyers see what the are getting for their money. If someone can see the build quality they will be willing to pay for it. Your car is so specialized the internet is just going to get you low ball offers. When you tell people that you have $12,000.00 transmission in the car they need to see that before they will spend that kind of dough.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts