Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Jim,

Looking forward to the pix. BTW, I need to contact you next week, I need 2 condoms for my intakes. :) Getting worried about all the hydrolocked motors, although I know the water has to be REALLY deep. Just being precautious. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the new setups..the Sidewinder looks awesome..367rwhp is cool...especially with the zo6 grills..feeding cold air right to the intake..

Jim,,, I saw the photos of your sidewinder T1000ps installed in another post......that is one fine looking system..really very sharp..

Jim, do me a favor.....lol I got to know asap!!! I got this insane desire for sequential shifting... lol

I need to hear what you know about Gear Vendors Inc. with the sequential c5 tranny.. Was it them?

The billet electric water pump was there too? Cool...

Sounds like the Corvette is reaching peak on available products..

Your 100 hp blower sounds right up your alley! .......

Don't make me wait to hear the scoop on that sequential tranny ......LOL

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
fcalmes said:
Jim,

Looking forward to the pix. BTW, I need to contact you next week, I need 2 condoms for my intakes. :) Getting worried about all the hydrolocked motors, although I know the water has to be REALLY deep. Just being precautious. :)
Buy a cheap jeep, wash them Z's and let them sleep through the winter...................

:lol: :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've seen some information on the C5 supercharger requiring the new Rk hood as well...

Yet seeing it actually work on a Corvette and having a possible vendor offering it is even better..

Nice looking and an extra 100 ponies sounds like an awesome package for those looking for pressurized power...!!

I would have always thought the sequential shifter would have come on a stick shift...ie.. the new lotus Elise in Europe has an aftermarket tranny complete with sequential operation..

Cost is very high though..

I'd be interested in Your impression Jim of the 8 speed tranny?

If you have one...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
They are saying in the five grand range... and that's including the RK hood! If they can keep it there, that will be the best bang for the buck mod... bar none.

I was waiting to see what Vortech was putting out. I had a Vortech in my last "Blue Oval"... Supercharger alone... no headers, no exhaust, nada... 100 hp gain with standard 6 lb kit... and it was solid as a rock.

But this roots type sounds like it's really gonna rock! If anyone knows about supercharging, with a centrifugal supercharger like Vortech, you have to wait for the sc to spool up. For me, it was 4000 rpms, but once it hit, hang on!

But a roots-type generates boost in the lower rpm ranges... basically from off-idle on up. What that means is if your Z feels like a stump puller now, with a root-type blower you talking stump, the trunk... we're talking the whole tree!

Things look like they are looking up as far as aftermarket.

Don

JBsC5 said:
I've seen some information on the C5 supercharger requiring the new Rk hood as well...

Yet seeing it actually work on a Corvette and having a possible vendor offering it is even better..

Nice looking and an extra 100 ponies sounds like an awesome package for those looking for pressurized power...!!

I would have always thought the sequential shifter would have come on a stick shift...ie.. the new lotus Elise in Europe has an aftermarket tranny complete with sequential operation..

Cost is very high though..

I'd be interested in Your impression Jim of the 8 speed tranny?

If you have one...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not really for a ZO6 this tranny option..but I found the web site so I thought I'd throw it up here..seems Callaway has some connections with this company..
-----------------------
Gear-Splitting Performance and Overdrive Economy.
For RV's, Trucks, Street Rods, and Racing.
The Finest Quality Auxiliary Transmissions.
The Ultimate in Horsepower Handling and Performance.

It takes a little re-thinking for most people to realize that a Truck or RV hauling a heavy load up a hill and a Drag Racer or Off Road Racer really do share similar problems.

GEAR VENDORS gives your vehicle up to twice the forward gear ratios for unparalleled performance. Most auxiliary transmissions are just dual ranges (put them in low for towing, high for running empty) but you still have the big gaps from one gear to the next that rob performance. You could actually go slower than you do now. The UNDER/OVERDRIVE™ is built for giving you a progression of gears with 1/2 the drop in rpm of the stock vehicle so that you stay in the power with close ratio performance. More power than just an underdrive or overdrive and just one of the reasons the GEAR VENDORS UNDER/OVERDRIVE™ is the most industry awarded transmission you can buy. If you don't find your application, don't worry, we fit many vehicles not listed in our web site, please call or e-mail us.

True OEM Quality
OEM means that new vehicles have come from the factory with GEAR VENDORS as original equipment. From GM's Callaway Corvette to Fleetwood Motorhomes no other aftermarket product has been so well respected by the manufacturers. In fact no other auxiliary transmission has ever been offered by any new vehicle manufacturer. To you this means you can buy a GEAR VENDORS, confident that it is the best in the industry.

Electronic Features
GEAR VENDORS is electronically superior. In older vehicles without computers our electronics still provide many features such as AUTODRIVE™. In today's computer controlled vehicles we communicate directly with the vehicle so that shift points recognize when you are using the GEAR VENDORS and adjust performance automatically.

Factory Direct Customer Service
GEAR VENDORS Factory Direct program means that we deal directly with our dealers and you the customer. Local dealers are factory authorized and purchase direct from the factory not just from some warehouse. GEAR VENDORS has a complete staff of service, technical support and customer referral personnel. Just call 800-999-9555 and we will give you the kind of service you don't commonly find elsewhere.

[email protected]

Not sure whats what..but for those of you with two vettes ...maybe one of them is an automatic..Just an fyi..

--------------------------------

5 grand on the supercharger bolt on sounds awesome..but ....

Do you guys worry about pressurizing such a high compression engine as the zo6's?

I"m sure its all worked out..for quality usuage..just curious...

Not a flame but a general question..

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Re: The picture shown is an RK car

SEMA pic please!

Also Jim,

The intakes you have been selling lately... are all those filters made by Donaldson? Are they are paper filter?

Thanks,
Don

Halltech said:
but the supercharger is not theirs.

Jim

·
Registered
76 Posts
Jim,

Do you have any info yet on the Magnuson supercharger setup that you are going to sell, such as cost, performance estimates, etc.

Thanks,

Rob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts