Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what number they are up to at the assembly plant today? Just got my sequence number today and it's 5858.
Bob

·
Registered
0 Posts
Bob, I have a call into Pam, Wil Cooksey's secretary. Hopefully she will call back soon with some answers. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

On 2001-08-16 09:28, Cape Cod Bob spewed forth this drivel:
Anybody know what number they are up to at the assembly plant today? Just got my sequence number today and it's 5858.
Bob

Bob, My sequence number is 5542 and my build date is 8/23. By my projection, your car may slip into build week 8/27.
jerboa /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

On 2001-08-16 11:11, jerboa spewed forth this drivel:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD>Quote:</font><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR><TR><TD><BLOCKQUOTE><B>
On 2001-08-16 09:28, Cape Cod Bob spewed forth this drivel:
Bob

Bob, My sequence number is 5542 and my build date is 8/23. By my projection, your car may slip into build week 8/27.
jerboa /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif
</B></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR></TABLE>
Yup, it kinda looks that way.
Bob

·
Registered
0 Posts
Bob,

I just got off the phone with Pam. The Corvette sequence # page is not up yet, but the first Vette off the line this morning was sequence # 4733. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

On 2001-08-16 13:19, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
Bob,

I just got off the phone with Pam. The Corvette sequence # page is not up yet, but the first Vette off the line this morning was sequence # 4733. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Are the still working 10hr days Mon through Thurs? Do you have a total daily production...thought it was 120 or so...maybe 150 on the 10hr days?
Bob

·
Registered
0 Posts
Bob,

Sorry, I didn't ask. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif I hate to bother my source too much. Pam told me to call her again next week.

Frank

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

On 2001-08-16 15:21, Cape Cod Bob spewed forth this drivel:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD>Quote:</font><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR><TR><TD><BLOCKQUOTE><B>
On 2001-08-16 13:19, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
Bob,

Are the still working 10hr days Mon through Thurs? Do you have a total daily production...thought it was 120 or so...maybe 150 on the 10hr days?
Bob
</B></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR></TABLE>

Bob, I have a model that inputs 150 cars Monday through Thursday and 130 cars on Friday. It has been tracking for about three weeks and it predicted the first car today would have been 4662. Since we now know it was 4773 this morning, the factory is building at more than the 150/130 rate. The numbers now look more like 157/137 per day. After these considerations, your car still seems to have a 8/27 build date. jerboa

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Is the sequence number basically the serial number in the last part of the VIN that the car will become?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, if my info is correct, my vin # is about 728 less that my sequence # (last 4 digits).
Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts