Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...

I'm interested to know if anyone of you have test a C5 with a sequential trans??

One company is offering me one bolt on sequential trans for my twin turbo Vette. He said will give me more power and I can do some custom gear ratio.

Can anyone tell me if somebody has donde one of this mod??

Thanks!!

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
C5-Rocket said:
Hi...

I'm interested to know if anyone of you have test a C5 with a sequential trans??

One company is offering me one bolt on sequential trans for my twin turbo Vette. He said will give me more power and I can do some custom gear ratio.

Thanks!!
There was a sequential tranny at SEMA that was awesome, I hear. The price was $19k :eek2:

For drag racing, a sequential would be the cat's meow!

Mike

·
Registered
963 Posts
I have been desperately waiting for one for years.
I also have a 427TT and believe it would be the perfect upgrade:)
Zeroshift in the UK, has been working on one for the last 12 months and i believe they are in the testing phase.
"Howling" Hewland also currently makes one but it is very noisy hence the "howling" term. This is basically a race transmission, but i believe the cost is about $10k.

BTW can you do a write-up on your car:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ianz06 said:
I have been desperately waiting for one for years.
I also have a 427TT and believe it would be the perfect upgrade:)
Zeroshift in the UK, has been working on one for the last 12 months and i believe they are in the testing phase.
"Howling" Hewland also currently makes one but it is very noisy hence the "howling" term. This is basically a race transmission, but i believe the cost is about $10k.

BTW can you do a write-up on your car:)
LPE 427 TWIN TURBO

-OVERZIZES TURBOS
-OVERZIZES INTERCOOLER WITH PIPES
-UPGRADE TRANS WITH 5HT AND 6TH SHORTER GEAR
-LPE CUSTOM CLUTCH
-FAST 90MM INTAKE
-FAST 90MM TB
-LPE CUSTOM FUEL SYSTEM
-OVERZIZED INJECTORS
-APEXI AVC-R BOOST CONTROLLER
-AP 6 PISTON FRONT 14" BRAKES
-AP 6 PISTON REAR 13.5" BRAKES
-DRM CUSTOM COIL OVER
-DRM 6 POINT ROLL CAGE
-C5-R HEADLIGHTS
-DRM EXTRACTOR HOOD
-DRM REAR WING
-HRE WHEELS
-BORLA EXHAUST
-MINI TUBE

CAR MAKES [email protected] BOOST

I was last week at 21st and John took me for a ride in my car in the highway and we did 180mph extremely easy in a very short distance.
Car is awesome, brake and handling are exceptional.

Will post pics soon!!

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
do you know what are the ratios in 5th and 6th? When i visited 21CM a year ago we were discussing this and was wondering what ratios ud go with.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2002Z06Yellow said:
do you know what are the ratios in 5th and 6th? When i visited 21CM a year ago we were discussing this and was wondering what ratios ud go with.
Not sure about the ratio, but is closer than stock.

Call John and ask him directly!!

·
Registered
963 Posts
C5-Rocket said:
LPE 427 TWIN TURBO

-OVERZIZES TURBOS
-OVERZIZES INTERCOOLER WITH PIPES
-UPGRADE TRANS WITH 5HT AND 6TH SHORTER GEAR
-LPE CUSTOM CLUTCH
-FAST 90MM INTAKE
-FAST 90MM TB
-LPE CUSTOM FUEL SYSTEM
-OVERZIZED INJECTORS
-APEXI AVC-R BOOST CONTROLLER
-AP 6 PISTON FRONT 14" BRAKES
-AP 6 PISTON REAR 13.5" BRAKES
-DRM CUSTOM COIL OVER
-DRM 6 POINT ROLL CAGE
-C5-R HEADLIGHTS
-DRM EXTRACTOR HOOD
-DRM REAR WING
-HRE WHEELS
-BORLA EXHAUST
-MINI TUBE

CAR MAKES [email protected] BOOST

I was last week at 21st and John took me for a ride in my car in the highway and we did 180mph extremely easy in a very short distance.
Car is awesome, brake and handling are exceptional.

Will post pics soon!!
Very cool :thumb:
Can you also post a copy of the dyno when you post the pics:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ianz06 said:
Very cool :thumb:
Can you also post a copy of the dyno when you post the pics:)
For the copy of the dyno sheet, I don't have it...

Call John or andy and tell him send you a copy by mail!! :jammin: :jammin:

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
C5-Rocket said:
Hi...

Thanks!!
Hey Rocket, I want to amend me previous post. The sequential tranny that the MCRacing guys saw was at the PRI show, not SEMA.

If you are still interested, the best way to find the tranny is to go to the 'Quaife' website (they are located in the UK). Once on the website, click 'Products", click "2005 Catalogue", click "Daimer Chrysler" then scroll down to "Quaife 6 speed Viper sequential transmission". This tranny was designed for the Viper but can be used in the C5 (at least that's what we're told). I believe the cost was $18k.

Mike

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MikesZ06 said:
Hey Rocket, I want to amend me previous post. The sequential tranny that the MCRacing guys saw was at the PRI show, not SEMA.

If you are still interested, the best way to find the tranny is to go to the 'Quaife' website (they are located in the UK). Once on the website, click 'Products", click "2005 Catalogue", click "Daimer Chrysler" then scroll down to "Quaife 6 speed Viper sequential transmission". This tranny was designed for the Viper but can be used in the C5 (at least that's what we're told). I believe the cost was $18k.

Mike
Can you give me the quaife website and I can get into it??

Let me know, thanks!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts