Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys today I got in my car to home and the service ABS/TCS light and warning come on. It didn't do it this morning. What could be wrong? I lowered the car on friday night using the stock bolts but drove around alot on Sat and Sunday. Anyone have any idea what could be happening? thanks!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have read posts about that same issue and have had that pop up on my car before to. It is supposedly an "Electronic brake control module" for the ABS, and another module for the TCS that usually need to be replaced.

I have read the cost for this repair is around $2k.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Do a search "Service ABS/tc/AH" and you will find hundreds of posts. I had this problem also. It was the EBCM and BMPV all under my extended warranty. Total parts and labor was $2981.46. You may want to check your connections at each hub to make sure it's not just a loose wire. Good Luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
806 Posts
LostCause said:
its not a big deal.. turn the car off and back on a few times and it will go away.. id say about 50-60% of the people on here have had it come on every now and then. mine has been coming on alot lately but i just turn the car off and back on and its fine... just a dumb glitch in the system..
Thast's what I thought untill I decided to test the ABS. The "Service ABS/AH/TC" would come on and then go off consistently for about a month. Took her out on some back roads to test the ABS; wheels locked up, and car slid sideways! :jawdrop: Drove straight to the dealer for the repairs.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
So - what is the consesus????

I was out driving today - and after a lovely 6th gear cruise at 1300rpm (I had no idea the Texas countryside was that beautiful - normally I am blasting through these ares at 5500rpm in 4th gear ;))

The oil temp was 215, the water temp 195... everything was great. About 45 miles east of Armpit TX, and nearly a half hour from Nowhere, we stop at a gas station to get some snacks.

Go to start the car and Service TC/AH/ABS all flash on.

Over thenext 45 minutes I stoped about 4 more times, and at the 5th start cycle the messages all went away.

While the meassage were on I tried a strong stop from about 10mph while rolling up to a traffic light and only one front brake locked and pulled the wheel to the right like a flat tyre. I released the brake and pushed again, this time only the left brake locked, pulling to the left.

After the messages went away, everything appeared to work normally.

I know if I take it in, with no symptoms the dealer will probably do the "Duhhh... I don't see anything..."

So - what's the consensus? Push to get all the comtrol modules replaced? (I have an extended service plan)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts