Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This came on in my 01Z this morning....It flashed on then off as i drove...When i tried to put it in the competition mode wouldnt work..Got to work, all is fine now..Any ideas??? :z:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
dbvettez061 said:
This came on in my 01Z this morning....It flashed on then off as i drove...When i tried to put it in the competition mode wouldnt work..Got to work, all is fine now..Any ideas??? :z:
btw, when mine did that it was after a few donuts in a parking lot with the AC/TC off...

what i think by what I heard is that although the AC/TC if off its is still reading motion of the vehicle, apparently cars from a certain year on have censors that sense a vehicle turning 360 degrees quicker then normal and in a safety its tries to spot throddle, its usually uncessful if your foot is fully on the throddle but maybe thats what caused the computer to act weird...

I heard this from my cousin having a 97 TT supra, even with all his TC permantly disabled and 600rwhp if he attempts to do a donut the computer tries to slow down throddle, I do feel the vette does the same its just unnoticable do to the amount of power you're using at the time of doing a dunot :jammin:

If you werent doing nothing fun recently, dont worry about it either only if it keeps coming back :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Do a Search on Service Active Handling and you will get lots of idea's. Most of which are expensive to repair. :z:

·
Registered
806 Posts
More than likley it's gonna be the EBCM and the BPMV. Hope you have a warranty! Good Luck! :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts