Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who did you purchase your Z06 from? Got mine from Don Kot at Fairway.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I acquired mine from Fairway on Sahara, but I forgot the Managers name whom in which I worked with. It was a strange deal cause my trade was 2 1/2 times the value of the car I was purchasing :lol: In the past Greg H. had helped me, but he wasn't there that night, I have purchased 11 vettes from them, they have been more than helpful.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
SF,

Thanks for the link :) I was looking for it yesterday.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Anyone know if the Z06 has it's own service manual or is part of the 2002 Corvette service manual? This site only listed one manual.
Thanks.
Ffen

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Subdriver said:
Anyone know if the Z06 has it's own service manual or is part of the 2002 Corvette service manual? This site only listed one manual.
Thanks.
Ffen
I think one manual covers it all. Most stuff will be the same, and there'll be a special section for the LS6.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Jerry Velders said:

I think one manual covers it all. Most stuff will be the same, and there'll be a special section for the LS6.
Actually it's a *3* manual set, and it covers all models. ;) I got my set a week ago. Well worth the $120.

Reading the service manuals really gives you a greater appreciation for all of the technology in these cars. Very cool stuff.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback guys. These manuals (3) are the bible for Corvettes owners. The Z06 is included in the C5 manual just as the ZR1 is included in the C4 manual. From my experience, most Chevrolet parts departments will match or beat advertised prices, so try printing out Helm's price ($120.00) and check with your local parts department for a better price. Can't hurt.
Roger

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Is this a reprint....or an actual GM service manual?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
IMA Z06 said:
Also on prices check with our forum dealers............
For sure, check with our forum dealers as they will beat Helm's service manual prices. I might add, the dealers pay approximately $84.00 for their service manuals from Helm. You can usually get it for 10% over dealer cost if you are a regular customer. Don't quote me, as each dealer has their own policies based upon supply and demand, and the willingness to sell more at a lower price. The Hurst Shifter in the Paddock is a good example.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
VettTheRipper said:
Is this a reprint....or an actual GM service manual?
I could be wrong, but I believe GM gets their service manuals direct from Helm, these service manuals are the actual service manuals. I have service manuals for all the car I have owned over the years to include Corvettes. Nothing compares with the GM service manuals.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Just ordered mine:cool: Probably the most important accessory you could have:cheers:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I ordered mine on Monday, and got it yesterday (thursday) Those guys at Helm are fast.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts