Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm new to Corvette ownership. I just picked up a used 2001 C5 Z06 out of Georgia and brought it across the border to Canada. But not without a stop at the National Corvette Museum along the way.

My intention is for this to be a dedicated track car. It would be a bit too much hassle to safety and get it onto Canadian roads with the role cage and such. But apparently it was street legal in Georgia. This isn't my first track car. I have a supercharged BMW Z4 that has seen many track days and a little bit of competition. Here it is next to my first domestic car, my ATS. The ATS isn’t much to speak of, but it’s modified. I have never not owned a car that’s not modified come to think of it. But mostly Japanese and European.

I decided to do a little YouTube series for the Caddy (that's named Merv) because “stage 1” off the shelf bits are not always as they seem. I’ve got some other automotive stuff on the go as well.

Milk4Coffee YouTube

Anyway back to the track! I quickly realized it's better to start with a better platform. So the BMW is now destined for the street and the C5Z will take over track duty!

So here I am trying to verify and find out more about the car I purchased. The previous owner was helpful but didn’t have much info on the car either. Supposedly the motor was done by Fasterproms in Florida but they haven't responded to my messages/emails just yet. It's a unique car, so far as I can tell not many C5s have rear side exit exhaust! If you’ve seen this car or have photos, videos, information of ANY SORT it would be greatly appreciated.

Pictures:

Information from the seller original ad:
2001 C5 Z06
Fasterproms built and tuned
-6.2L 383ci Stroker Forged Engine 11.0:1
-Eagle Stroker Kit (Mahle Forged Pistons & Rings)
-Eagle Forged Steel Crankshaft
-Eagle 4340 Forged H-Beam rods w/ARP Rod Bolts
-Eagle Rod and Main bearings / balanced by Eagle
-Comp Cams Custom Grind Camshaft
-Valve lifters, timing set, pushrods by Comp
-LS2 Timing Chain
-Fast 90mm Intake Manifold
-Fast Fuel injectors 36 Ib/hr
-2013 C6 Z06 Fuel Pump
-Kooks 1 7/8 Long Tube Headers
-Vararam VR-B2 Air Intake
-Custom Side Exit Exhaust