Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the deal is done and my baby is home safe and sound. As I mentioned before, I first saw the car on Wednesday afternoon. It arrived Tuesday night and my dealer put it inside immediately in their basement storage facility - see pic below. It was pdi'd Wednesday morning and then I got the call to come and see it. My sales rep Joe, introduced me to the pdi guy and lot person (Kim). He and I went over my "hand wash only" instructions with Kim who offered to clean it up personally for me. We also showed her which shipping materials I wanted saved for the NCRS guys of the future :) Kim was great and I felt that she would treat the car right. Joe said he would try and have the car ready by noon Thursday.

Wednesday night was sleepless - thanks more to my 19 month old son than the Z. I waited impatiently by the phone, but by 3 pm I still had not recieved a call, so I called Joe to see what the problem was. He told me that it had taken Kim hours to do the clean up because the glue that holds the protective coating on the roof was very hard to get off and she had to "roll" it off by hand! He said it would be another hour or so for the plates and paperwork, but I was welcome to come over and inspectd it! 10 minutes later, my wife, son and I were there waiting for them to bring it up from the basement...WOW!, it was beautiful!!!!!!

I went over the car from top to bottom and it was flawless. The only problem I could see was two very light parallel scratches about 2 inches long on the underside of the passenger side rocker panel - no biggie, but I asked if the dealer would give me a bottle of touch up paint and they said that would be no problem. They may even buff out, but again, they aren't visible without crawling under the car, so I'm not really concerned with them.

The car had 18 km on it (11 miles) and I put another 6 km on it taking it home. Unfortunately, it was getting dark and I really didn't want to be driving it around in rush hour, so I put it in the garage until the weekend when I hope to get a few miles on it before the snow flies.

Kudos to Joe and Kim at Towne Chev in Oakville, Ontario. They did a great job and followed my instructions to the letter. I think they have one more Z06 coming in the Spring, so if anyone in Ontario is looking, drop me an email and I will put you in touch with them.

Finally, thanks again to all those members who have written messages of congratulations and support. I really do appreciate it :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After Clean up...

Here's a pic after the car was cleaned up...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Congrats! It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it? :D

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Lookin GREAT man!!!! Congrats

·
Registered
425 Posts
Congrats!:cheers: I can't wait for that day to come!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Enjoy your new ride it only gets better from here out!:D

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Congratulations Zedder!!! I knew you'd live long enough.:lol:

I hope you got a pic, and just didn't publish it, of you holding up the keys with that silly, drooly, I gotta drive it now, grin!:D

Now, go and enjoy it!

Take car,

Dan

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ain't it sweet.:D
And I can say that a month after delivery, sigung86's comment about "that silly, drooly, I gotta drive it now, grin!" still holds true.
:cheers:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Not to rain on your parade but in the photos you do not have the black licence plate trim on the front - did you receive it ?

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
If you think this site is addictive, once you start driving the car, and getting comfortable with it........ I don't want to get out of mine. Congratulations :guiness:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No worries Zapper,

I asked the dealer to leave them off since I will be changing the plates to "405HP Z06" this week :D

·
Registered
631 Posts
Now it makes sense, thanks for the explanation - it is very, very easy to remove the black trim ring - the plate slides into it and when you screw the plate to the car it is held in place - there are two recessed points at the top.

Nice vanity plate, mine simply says Z06. You will attract a lot of attention everywhere you go. At stoplights, people behind you crane their necks to look at the car cause you can see the guys in the car usually mouthing the word Z06 and pointing at you.

Have fun !:)

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Zedder,
Does the Canadian Z06's have the Twilight Sen. as standard equipment? Do you also have a 300KPH speedometer?

carzzy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts