Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes it seems simple enough, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the pin out of the stock shifter once the top plate is off... Please help me out.. Thanks :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
What worked for me was to grip the pin very tightly with visegrips, then pull up hard on it with one hand while hitting the side of the visegrips with a hammer. Took about 10 minutes of this. Really slow.
Jim

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
MaverickZ06 said:
Yes it seems simple enough, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the pin out of the stock shifter once the top plate is off... Please help me out.. Thanks :)
This might have been shown in a link posted here, but... I locked some Vice-Grips onto it REALLY firmly, then used a long screwdriver to pry up on the Vice-Grips. If the VG's clamping onto the pin for an "A," then stick the screwdriver through the hole of the "A," leverage the flat end of the screwdriver (pointing toward the radio) atop a small block of wood resting on the top edge of the shift knob, and pry up on the end of the screw drive you're holding. Just make sure you keep a hand on the VG's -- but the VG's should be locked on so tightly that your hand just keeps them from flying when the knob comes loose.

-Kirk

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hey Mav,

What kind of Shift Knob did ya get?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Or just squeeze it really tight and pull it really hard.

Worked for me!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts