Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having the car in pieces for months I finally got it clean and all together (except for polishing the HRE's) and the temp is ~75 today I took it out for a top down drive. I have been driving for the past 3 weeks to and from work to make sure all was back together correctly.

I pulled up to a stop light (RED) and no-one was along side or coming the other direction and I thought "Boy this looks like a great place to see if it still runs". Holy $hit, I forgot how quick this thing raps with the S/C, the shift light came on just before I hit the rev limiter, damn, into 2nd and the shift light came on just before I hit rev limiter again, damn!!! Well I cooled my jets and shifted before shift light or rev limiter came on again. By this time my A$$ was puckering and I saw the next light and my radar detector went off about the same time so I just coast up to the light, never did see cop, probably a false reading. Anyway I had my thrill for the day. got home and checked setting on shift light and it was set wrong, only 100 rpm lower the rev limiter. Have now reset and will try again soon.

Now it's back in the garage and up on jack stands ready to pull wheels and polish.

I'm definitely ready for SUMMER and the FEST :) :)

George

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Glad to hear you're up running and clean! Got any fresh pics. I think ya got a new front clip on her. Yes?

Zrod

·
Registered
999 Posts
If I were you I would set the light to come on about 300-400 below the limiter. Like you said these things spool up fast and the idea is to shift w/out hitting the limiter. If the light comes on you'll be able to execute the shift and not hit the limiter. If it's right on top of the limiter, your shift light is really doing nothing for you.

JWz06.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I don't shift all that fast so I have mine set at 6200 for a 6800 redline. Sounds like you had a good time George...Like Zrod asked...any new pics? :guiness:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
George glad to know your baby, is alive and well again. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Geroge, your like a little kid in a candy store. God bless ya :z:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts