Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my HP Tuner I've logged shift times for my 2012 Z06 vs. my sold 08 A6. Takes almost twice as long with the manual. Manual in the .4+ second range, one .312, and my 08 .20 range. Either I have a lot more practice or the manual is a minimum .10 slower. That would be .3 lost for a 1/4 mile pass. I did have my 08 tune with slightly faster shifts but TM enabled. The times I calculated was during the throttle position less than 100% during shift.

Anybody able to do better with their manual? Post a log. I tried to post mine but says invalid file.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
With my HP Tuner I've logged shift times for my 2012 Z06 vs. my sold 08 A6. Takes almost twice as long with the manual. Manual in the .4+ second range, one .312, and my 08 .20 range. Either I have a lot more practice or the manual is a minimum .10 slower. That would be .3 lost for a 1/4 mile pass. I did have my 08 tune with slightly faster shifts but TM enabled. The times I calculated was during the throttle position less than 100% during shift.

Anybody able to do better with their manual? Post a log. I tried to post mine but says invalid file.
Here is some info from Joe on the corvette forum. He is pulling 1.4 sixty foot times on a stock clutch and running 10.7's. Great driver. Joe logs and compares all runs. Here he is comparing his 6 speed to a 4000 stalled A4

You should solicit input from Justasheet and Stanger383...both are LS2 A4 guys that are going 10's...Stanger is top of the fast list.

When I look at Stanger's scans, I see where the power lies - my manual trans drops 1500 rpm or more with each shift, forcing the car to climb the torque curve again. Stanger's car is almost like a CVT transmission, only drops 600 or so (from memory) on each shift, which means he not only gets the car up into the power band on the launch due to the high stall, but the shift extension he's got built into his converter it keeps the care in the power band throughout the run.

There's real science here, talk to the experts at the big name stall houses and get their input as well.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is some info from Joe on the corvette forum. He is pulling 1.4 sixty foot times on a stock clutch and running 10.7's. Great driver. Joe logs and compares all runs. Here he is comparing his 6 speed to a 4000 stalled A4

You should solicit input from Justasheet and Stanger383...both are LS2 A4 guys that are going 10's...Stanger is top of the fast list.

When I look at Stanger's scans, I see where the power lies - my manual trans drops 1500 rpm or more with each shift, forcing the car to climb the torque curve again. Stanger's car is almost like a CVT transmission, only drops 600 or so (from memory) on each shift, which means he not only gets the car up into the power band on the launch due to the high stall, but the shift extension he's got built into his converter it keeps the care in the power band throughout the run.

There's real science here, talk to the experts at the big name stall houses and get their input as well.
No doubt the auto guys shifts are faster than my manual. I would like to see an HP Tuner log from a manual car from a guy that knows how to shift. I agree a manual tranny shift extension will definitely drop more than a stalled auto.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
No doubt the auto guys shifts are faster than my manual. I would like to see an HP Tuner log from a manual car from a guy that knows how to shift. I agree a manual tranny shift extension will definitely drop more than a stalled auto.
Joe_G
If you go to the C6 Tech\Performance section of the Corvette Forum, search for Joe-G. He will gladly send you what you are looking for.
He helps everyone.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
PM sent to you, look in your box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts