Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read that on the new Z06 you will not have to put in reverse when shutting off! Sounds great to me! Hope its TRUE! Saves a lot of batterys! ;)

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Let's hope the Emergency Brake works better on the C6 than it does in the C5. :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
capn37 said:
I would guess thats true, you dont have to in the current one.
In the 2005 models you have to leave the shifter in reverse or your battery will go dead. :thumb:

·
Registered
576 Posts
After 38 years of driving a manual, I don't appreciate a car company telling me how I should park my car just because they can. Good riddance if true.

GOLD72 :NoNo:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
GOLD72 said:
After 38 years of driving a manual, I don't appreciate a car company telling me how I should park my car just because they can.
But you do appreciate the Federal Government telling you to wear seat belts?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Resist said:
But if you don't put the C6 into Reverse -- you never die...

Now maybe if the car exploded without being in reverse.... lol

·
Registered
576 Posts
Resist said:
Makes no difference to me. Been wearing them 38 years long before anyone told me I legally had to. Had to wear them to stay in the seat of my 67 Camaro during cornering. IMHO park in reverse and seat belts are completely unrelated issues and not Safety related as the excuse goes. The car can be parked in any gear not just reverse. GM just had to pick the toughest gear to reliably shift into.

GOLD72 :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
the C6 Z06 and all 2006 C6's do lose the annoying shift-to-reverse shut-off feature.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts