Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 02 Z is still stock for now. Well my birthday is next month so I am trying to give my wife some cheap idea's on what to get me. What are some cheaper mods I can tell her? I came up with a short throw shifter, stinger intake, or the frame saver kit that is on sale. Im just trying to give her some ideas around $100-$200 range, I know the intake is a little more. Is there anything else around that range, maybe even something just for looks?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
437 Posts
My pick would be the Stinger Intake. Happy Early Birthday :D

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Shorty Antenna (free DIY)
Lower it on the stock bolts (alignment 100.00)
Short throw shifter 175.00

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The antenna is next, along with lowering. I just had surgery so I can't even drive for 2 weeks or even work on the car for about 2 month's. I have some great friends though who are gonna help me till then,

IT L GO said:
Shorty Antenna (free DIY)
Lower it on the stock bolts (alignment 100.00)
Short throw shifter 175.00

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
An aftermarket shifter is your best first mod, IMO. I like the BPP for it's adjustability, and short, positive throws. The intake can be really a cheap DIY via zip-tie, or budget "Stinger" via a K&N RF-1040 mounted directly to the MAF. Of course, if the CAGS really bugs you, it's a cheap and easy DIYer.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I found out today my z is already lowered. Had a friend come over and look at it, and the rear is lowered for sure, the front hasnt had the bushing cut yet.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I agree - do the frame savers and front rollers ASAP. After that I would lower the car and then get the shifter, and personally I recommend the B&M. Cold Air Intake, shorty antenna, CAGS defeat would all be on my list too.

Les

EDONIS001 said:
id do the frame savers and the front rollers. if you plan on going lower im told you will need new shocks as you will bottom out your stockers.

·
Registered
230 Posts
If the Z is really stock, you might want to change to ceramic brake pads and get rid of all the brake dust.

Cut down the stock shifter handle (free) and install an aftermarket shift knob.

Maybe some chrome or colored vinyl letters for the rear fascia.

Later ... Larry S.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What shift handles are there? I have seen the hurst ball and then a leather slim shifter handle, are there more than that out there?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Check some of our supporting vendors websites (such as Corvette Garage in the left column here) and see what they have. Several other Vette outlet come to mind but they aren't supporting vendors. You might even try a Goggle search on shifter knobs or handles and see what you find.

Several owners have modded to use the new C6 shifter handle direct from GM. Do a search on this web site and see what you find.

Might even consider some of the interior pieces colored to match your paint from our supporting vendors. Check with them first and make sure you tell them you were referred by Z06Vette.com.

Later .. Larry S.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Any combination of these:

Short throw shifter

Shift knob

Skip shift defeat

Zip-tie mod (free)

Shorty antenna

Floor mats

Frame savers

Front rollers

Check my sig, these are excellent shift knobs! Top notch in quality!

Good luck and happy early birthday!

Alex :guiness:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the ideas. This is what I came up with. The car is lowered already, I am cutting the antenna, I already have the resistor for the skip shift, so I am gonna ask for a hurst short throw shifter and t-handle shifter knob.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts