Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so about a week ago my shifter got stuck in 6th on the freeway...pulled over, had car towed to a local dealership on a Saturday afternoon. Their service dep't was already closed so they promised to start work on the car first thing Monday morning. Monday morning comes and magically they can't replicate the problem since the damn shifter somehow "unstuck" itself over the weekend. Ok so I pick up the car, shifter and everything feels fine. Fastforward about one week to last night, and the shifter gets stuck again, this time in 4th. I admit I drive my car hard, but I don't think its normal for it to get stuck so often??? I've done a few searches here on the forums and I'm coming up with everything from high tranny temps to bent shiftforks? What is most likely my tranny's problem? Is there anythign I can buy to alleviate it? Tranny cooler, etc?? Sorry for the long post but I'm somewhat worried about going on long trips with the car now...

Thanks in advance.

-Drew

·
Registered
372 Posts
The clutch releases?

The shift rod problems I hear are more common with 01-02 cars. I think they went to a steel rod in 03.

Any other symptoms, trans noise, sticky clutch, TO bearing noise, Only does it when?.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
There might be a TSB (technical service bulletin) on this one.
Check around. Also change the transmission oil to REDLINE.
This might solve the problem, if not you might have a bent fork. Transmission fix time.

Do you have any warranty left?

GOOD LUCK.
-Bill. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts