Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I did on my winter vacation the past 4 days:

Hurricane Racing hauler - L to R: Matt Champagne, Andre Champagne, Gil ?, and me

My kart and the pit area

Start of the race

Attempting a pass

Larry Pegram of superbike fame

It was a crazy trip down...got rearended in Dayton, OH. My buddy fell asleep driving my truck in Kentucky and hit the concrete barrier. Got pulled over south of Atlanta doing 20 over - talked my way out of the ticket with a fake southern accent.:p

Day 2 of practice I lost my brakes at 70 mph and drove into the back of another kart that had already slowed for the next corner.:eek: Went up one side of him and down the other, coming to a stop inches from a dirt embankment. After I caught my breath I looked up to see Bobby Rahal shaking his head at me...:lol: Then I showed him the part that failed:mad: This is the fortunate extent of my injuries - it could have been much worse - I shudder thinking about it

All in all it was a fun trip.:)

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Looks like a blast. I have a question for you, I caught a few video clips of those things flipping over, is there anything that protects the occupants neck? Is it even an issue for the most part? Just wondering, looks like a ton of fun.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Todd:

#1 So glad to hear you are allright buddy!!! :cheers:

#2 (A) Got rear-ended
(B) Buddy crashed your truck
(C) Cop Pulls you over
(D) Lost your brakes at 70 mph

#3 All in all it was a fun trip!

Zippy's :-? by #3 :z: :z:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is not an issue because when the kart flips you fall out of the seat, so you don't usually injure your neck. Occasionally you break a collar bone but usually it's just bruises. In my 21 years of racing karts I have not broken a bone (knock on wood!) and I've taken some nasty tumbles. I was even in the opening scene on ESPN for Thrills and Spills for a few years from one of my flips.

Z06_2002 said:
Looks like a blast. I have a question for you, I caught a few video clips of those things flipping over, is there anything that protects the occupants neck? Is it even an issue for the most part? Just wondering, looks like a ton of fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts