Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are several Chevy (new Vette) dealer around where I live (NorCal). A couple do large sales volumes on C5s, both new and used. Most, if not all, are holding the line on MSRP + dlr markups, in some cases $10k over. No sale!!!

Anybody score a '02 Z06 (pre-ordered) from any dealer in CA that I should investigate? If so, would appreciate the feedback. TIA.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am over in Atlanta, so I cant help you with specific dealerships... but....

Try going to an autonation dealership or Camax... They sell cars at MSRP, PERIOD. no higher, no lower...

When I was shopping for my Z, I was so sic of dealers charging too high and rumours of salesmen selling vettes from under you.. I just went to an autonation dealer, paid MSRP, and didnt have to shop the whole country for a well priced Z....

my two cents...

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I got my 01 for MSRP... I ordered it in July, and picked it up at NCM in september.

This was at the time that dealers in the bay area were charging 75k.

I went through hallowell chevrolet in clovis (fresno area). However, they don't sell many corvettes (i think they got two z06s), and my dad is first in line down there for an 02 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flood, FWIW, Autonation is probably worst offender of higher dealer markups in CA. Five to ten thousand over MSRP is the norm with these dealers in my local area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts