Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put in my hurst shifter and for everyday driving it was pretty cool, nice crisp pricise shifts. So later on the strip and the street when i jam the gears i developed a neew habit on missing 3rd and sometimes even 2nd. i cant stand it, as soon as the RPM's rev up, getting that thing into gear is like hell, i think it even slowed down my shifts. I use to shift really fast with my stock shifter and never miss a gear.... do u guys think i just need to get use to it, is it normal, can there be somthing wrong with the install.

i went down to the strip last week, my first to runs i did pretty good, but knowing my shifts could improve, on my 3rd run i did a super clean launch getting my fastest 60 foot ever then when it came time to shift to 3rd i could get it in... worst feeling ever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,484 Posts
Never have a prob with mine, just blips right into each gear easily. Make sure your stops are set properly, that could be the prob with 2nd and 3rd.

Jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,548 Posts
gsjack said:
Never have a prob with mine, just blips right into each gear easily. Make sure your stops are set properly, that could be the prob with 2nd and 3rd.

Jack
Same here...I've never had a problem with my Hurst. It goes into the right gear every time. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,273 Posts
1. Could be the syncros are going bad.
2. Get the B&M ripper shifter. No adjustment stops to worry about. Your right shoulder may never be the same, but you'll never miss a gear ever again. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
1st check your mounting bolts--shifter base may have come loose. Locktite the bolts also. Next check the torx bolt that connects the shifter trans rod to the inside shifter lower base. See if the long rod connection is solid. The bolt that holds it in the fluted tang may also come loose-again locktite and make sure the bolt is in the groved connection. Of course you'll need to take out the console for access to these items.
Good luck.
RJ :mug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,014 Posts
FlosyZ06 said:
I recently put in my hurst shifter and for everyday driving it was pretty cool, nice crisp pricise shifts. So later on the strip and the street when i jam the gears i developed a neew habit on missing 3rd and sometimes even 2nd. i cant stand it, as soon as the RPM's rev up, getting that thing into gear is like hell, i think it even slowed down my shifts. I use to shift really fast with my stock shifter and never miss a gear.... do u guys think i just need to get use to it, is it normal, can there be somthing wrong with the install.

i went down to the strip last week, my first to runs i did pretty good, but knowing my shifts could improve, on my 3rd run i did a super clean launch getting my fastest 60 foot ever then when it came time to shift to 3rd i could get it in... worst feeling ever.
That could happen. It's not for everyone and it does take more effort. I feel I shift faster with the stocker as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Hurst Shifter

I put in a Hurst shifter about a month ago. This is the second one I have put in, the first was in my 2002 coupe. It is kind of disappointing that in the 2002 coupe, I did not have any noise from the shifter when I stompped on it, but now with the ZO6, I get the dreaded shifter noise. In the 2002 I used the stock shifter knob and in the Z I went to an aftermarket shift knob. Does anyone think this could be the cause of the noise? I installed the second shifter the same as the first (actually, it went faster the second time).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,756 Posts
DakotaVette said:
... It is kind of disappointing that in the 2002 coupe, I did not have any noise from the shifter when I stompped on it, but now with the ZO6, I get the dreaded shifter noise. .
It sounds like you need the "Jub Jub mod". Do a search.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top