Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be getting rid of my coupe and into a 2001 yellow Z with 2500 miles. I modified my coupe with airbox, exhaust, shocks etc but what can I do to increase the performance of the Z?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
CRUZMISL,

First off welcome aboard, check all the member features at left on the navbar.

What can you do. How deep is your pocket book. even stock not bad. Touve come to the right place just start reading posts and polls you will get a feel for what others have done.

Enjoy.

:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Joe

Saw the Beaut you're selling.........
On the Z, have you driven it or one yet?.
First things first.........
Air box, halltech T1C, or you're choice.......stop, and see what next level you'll require............
They are scary right out of the box.
You're last ride was no slouch, but........going to a M12, from an A4.......will be a NEW experience, esp w/ the Z.;)

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
You can't go wrong with an 01 as long as it's not an oil burner. A T1 intake should give you the power of an 02 model and I'd probably ditch the stock shifter. Eventually I will probably have the whole T1 package. You just can't argue with Jim Halls results. You'll find that you'll be able to get some serious mods done with the money you saved over buying an 02 model.
Enjoy the new ride:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hey Ripper:

how do you like the Momo Phantom knob? I just got one to put on my Hurst when it comes in.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Dennis,
Very nice knob. Its chrome with carbon fiber accents. It's very classy and definately looks like it was made in Italy.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Ripper:

that's the same one I just bought. Was going to get the all carbon one, but thought the silver accent was cool. those puppys sure are pricey. :D

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
CRUZMISL said:
I should be getting rid of my coupe and into a 2001 yellow Z with 2500 miles. I modified my coupe with airbox, exhaust, shocks etc but what can I do to increase the performance of the Z?

Thanks,
Joe
Joe,

Glad to see you here.:)

One thing, DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT.:D

RG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts